New Immolation video!

Cynical

Nov 14, 2004
http://www.vs-webzine.com/mp3/IMMOLATION-Harnessing_Ruin.mpg
The video is utterly retarded, but the song doesn't seem bad. It goes back more to the "Close to a World Below" style in many ways, although it seems to have the melodic developments of UC, particularly in the lead guitars.

The production doesn't support this sort of thing at all, but that could also just be shitty encoding of the audio aspect of the mpg.

Eh, the song sucks. They've totally lost the overwhelming feeling of massiveness between the riffwork and the drums. In fact, the drum work sounds fucking weak. They had everything perfect on "Close To A World Below" (I can't stress how much the riffwork and percussion sounded like it was coming straight from the pits of hell), I don't know why they had to change it.

I wouldn't say so, although if you were disapointed in Unholy Cult, this will also probably disapoint you.

I personally thought that UC was their strongest album to date. I'm not certain if this is quite that good.

I think Unholy Cult is my favourite Immolation album, closely followed by Dawn of Possession, but then, I haven't got Close From A World Below, which almost everyone says is their best. oops.

Scourge of Malice said:
unholy cult is better than this... i think the weak drum sound is from the compression though
Yeah, it's fairly obvious that the encoding was pretty bad. The guitar sound is also much worse than you would expect from a band of this calibur, and there are a few audible electronic artifacts; all stemming from the compression.

SculptedCold said:
I think Unholy Cult is my favourite Immolation album, closely followed by Dawn of Possession, but then, I haven't got Close From A World Below, which almost everyone says is their best. oops.

Actually, I'd say "Failures For Gods" is their best, but production-wise, nothing fucking touches "Close To A World Below". That may have the best Death Metal production ever.

i have an mp3 of the song Swarm of Terror and the drum sound is low in that too.....but it's still a good song

EDIT: the mp3 sounds waay better than this video....both songs are quite good.....i can't wait for the whole cd

Unholy cult lacked something that the others had, that's why i will fear purchasing this album.

not to say that it is a bad album.

Cryptkeeper said:
Isn't his "evilness" so forced and fake!?

:rolleyes:
Enough with the rolling eyes you faggot. I didn't say anything about them other than the fact that he looks and acts like a dork on stage.