New Immolation video!

yeah dude, anyone that has seen the live DVD HAS to agree that he is a massive douchebag live. he does these little kerry king-esque head/guitar bangs except he cant afford to buy a new guitar if the strap comes off his and it smashes. so he does them very...how should i say this...half assed. and it looks like polka with a guitar

I think the song is really strong & I hold all their work to be absolutely essential listening.

Holy fuck man, are most of you on fucking crack?!?!? :err:
This tracks kills! I can not wait to get may hands on this new album.
Immolation are THE best death metal band on the entire planet. They have never wrote a single note of bad material.
And Bob Vigna is an amazing guitarist. Those of you how put him down wish you possessed a fraction of "coolness" in your entire beings as he has in his left pinky.

Darth Kur said:
And Bob Vigna is an amazing guitarist. Those of you how put him down wish you possessed a fraction of "coolness" in your entire beings as he has in his left pinky.
He's still a dork :)

I've only heard Unholy Cult but I have to say, it was a steaming pile of crap. Sure they have a knack for coming up with some interesting harmonies but none of the ideas on that album sounded fully developed. The melodic ideas are half-assed, they don't develop. They sound more like rough drafts of songs than actual properly written songs. And whoever does the leads in that band is fucking terrible. That guys leads are basically musical non-sequiturs. They're badly composed and only serve as annoying diversions to already mediocre songs.

Cythraul said:
I've only heard Unholy Cult but I have to say, it was a steaming pile of crap. Sure they have a knack for coming up with some interesting harmonies but none of the ideas on that album sounded fully developed. The melodic ideas are half-assed, they don't develop. They sound more like rough drafts of songs than actual properly written songs. And whoever does the leads in that band is fucking terrible. That guys leads are basically musical non-sequiturs. They're badly composed and only serve as annoying diversions to already mediocre songs.
...Says someone who likes Ulver.

Cythraul said:
that cd...like all immolation cds....take some serious listening to understand...something you obviously haven't done

Spirit In Black said:
that cd...like all immolation cds....take some serious listening to understand...something you obviously haven't done

What? I had that album for long enough to decide that there wasn't enough decently developed ideas on it. Don't get me started on this "it takes some serious listening to understand." I listen to plenty of music that's a thousand times more cerebral and challenging than Immolation.