New instrumental NEED crits!

Haha it would be unfair that I criticize your work in my point of view, it has to be the other way around.

But if you need opinion the 2 things that I'll say are that the bass I think that is too loud and the toms can sound "fake".

I hope to have helped you.

L & R guitars should be louder imo. The drums feels a bit overpowering in general. The guitars seem to lack energy, attack and presence, especially in the breakdowns and verse riffs. Could be the mixing, the player or maybe that the drums sucks all the energy from it.

L & R guitars should be louder imo. The drums feels a bit overpowering in general. The guitars seem to lack energy, attack and presence, especially in the breakdowns and verse riffs. Could be the mixing, the player or maybe that the drums sucks all the energy from it.

I know what you mean, and actually the presence is pretty good, it's the specific amp on pod farm, but i love the sound they are giving, volume is perfect, the freq of the gets is what you are hearing, but i love it. deff a different style i'm going for with this band

Seems like your happy with the mix so I dont really understand the point with this thread :p Whats your reference for the mix, or are mixing only from your own preferences? I've referenced to some Sturgis (latest) and Brian Hood songs and they all have louder guitars. Mastering the song properly could also do amazing things for this mix.

Seems like your happy with the mix so I dont really understand the point with this thread :p Whats your reference for the mix, or are mixing only from your own preferences? I've referenced to some Sturgis (latest) and Brian Hood songs and they all have louder guitars. Mastering the song properly could also do amazing things for this mix.

To be honest I've never referenced, I don't think there is a need to a lot of the time, once you practically know the "how to" it's time to build from and for yourself. I'm happy with this mix, and the band Is in love, but after you said that about the guitars, I think they should have either more presence or louder. I used the chunk amp in pod farm. Definitely trying to make my own style hear.

Title says: NEED crits -> Get some crits -> disagree with crits -> ?????? :D

Anyhoo, referencing is a great way to get you in the ballpark with commercial instrument levels. :)

If you feel you can set the levels without referencing at all and you feel that you have no use for it then be my guest,
but as it was pointed out you were kinda proven otherwise. :D

You had grown accustom to your track and felt that the guitars were loud enough,
because you had listened to them for the whole mixing time nonstop and knew what they were doing all the time (am I right?).

Not bashing you in any means, just pointing out that fresh set of ears and referencing will get you back on the track if you're not sure about levels etc. :)

Definitely trying to make my own style hear.

Great! Unique style is one of the best things you can have in mixing. :headbang:

EDIT: At the end of the day, if the band is happy, you've done GOOD. :D