New Interview with Niklas

Thanks for the kind words. I really went into this one with a different approach to make the interview interesting. There have been so many interviews, online and in print, since Character came out I wanted to ask questions that weren't all about the album because everything about it has already been discussed to death. I even told Niklas during the interview about that and he (correct me if I'm wrong please) actually seemed relieved that this would be something a bit different.

Really, for other fellow hardcore Dark Tranquillity fans to say this one was interesting makes me feel like I got the job done.

Ben

Hey, that was a really great interview. You got some rather long and detailed answers out of him. It's interesting to hear about what he wants to do with the future material (don't know if Im gonna really like it though if it's waht I imagine it's gonna be). Also that he validated the "series" of albums thing which Villain pointed out a while ago. Excellent stuff.

A very good interview indeed. There wasn't that much new information for me, but the way you skipped all the most common and thus useless questions and actually concentrated on the interesting things (to me, that is) made it good. It was certainly way better than 95% of typical DT-interviews I have read in the past ten years - and there are a few hundred of those.

-Villain

Well, normally i don't bother reading interviews anymore, but i decided to read this one and i don't regret it. Very well done! :)

Cool Jason,

Yea I talked to him about that away from the interview (I couldnt remember the name of the brand) and he was stoked about getting to Atlanta. He also had alot of good things to say about Lilitu, we started talking about the band after he saw the shirt I got from you guys at SXSW.

Ben

Daybreaker said:
Cool Jason,

Yea I talked to him about that away from the interview (I couldnt remember the name of the brand) and he was stoked about getting to Atlanta. He also had alot of good things to say about Lilitu, we started talking about the band after he saw the shirt I got from you guys at SXSW.

Ben

Cool, glad to hear that the night went well. How was the actual show there?

It went really really well. The floor was packed for the guys which really surprised me, I thought most people would be there for Soilwork. A mosh pit even formed during The Wonders at Your Feet all around me and so I had to lay down the law when it comes to trying to smack me during a show. Crowd response was terrific, even for old songs like Punish My Heaven, there was a healthy roar of approval. To tell the truth I was surprised at how many people there went nuts for em.

Just wondering; how much would Sundin's new guitar be worth? - and how long did it take to assemble? I used to have a woodshop teacher who'd build his own guitars and he'd take ages about it (probably only did it as a hobby though) and they still turned out all crappy.

Also, [pretty off topic] Do you use 'Jnunis' (your) guitars in lilitu?

Daybreaker said:
Hi guys,

I looked for an interview thread but I couldn't find one. If there is already a thread where interviews get posted please move it there.

http://www.metalreviews.com/interviews/interviews.php?id=66

Here is the interview I did with Niklas back in April.

Comments are appreciated.

Ben

Nice interview man, I like the questions that you asked. Check out my site on www.livejournal.com/users/blacktotheblind if you are interested in checking out my review of Character. I should also be posting an interview with Mikael Stanne of DT in the next couple of weeks.

King Chaos said:
Just wondering; how much would Sundin's new guitar be worth? - and how long did it take to assemble? I used to have a woodshop teacher who'd build his own guitars and he'd take ages about it (probably only did it as a hobby though) and they still turned out all crappy.

Also, [pretty off topic] Do you use 'Jnunis' (your) guitars in lilitu?

Hi,

It's hard to say how much his actual guitar is worth. I can tell you that our guitars start out at 1200.00. Niklas had custom inlays as well (old DT symbol)

All guitars are custom ordered. They are completed in about 6 weeks or less depending on our workload. And yes, I play the guitars in Lilitu. This is definately not a hobby. We work full-time.

Cheers,

JP