New Interview

within the next 8 years.

8 Yearsss good fucking lord

yeah i always was thinking when he was going to settle down, and not do such rigorous touring. Must be hard with a family, Opeth are established enough that they can live off CD sales, well maybe not the other guys, but mike could

that blows aztec, is that with fiber optic and shit service or just bad all round? my internet currently dominates but i can't do torrents because i'm in a lame ass student building

No fibre wire for me, not for 8years, but i'm not gonna rely on that date because the government is often slow at implementing ideas, thats if they implement them at all.

If i have a torrent up, I can't game. I can't even browse this forum coz its so slow. I'm in a landline household about 20km from the CBD, so i'm not some rural country hick with horrible internet either. I live decently close to the CBD.

And the funny thing is, my internet isn't even all that bad in terms of speed and latency compared to other Australians. In Counter-strike source, my ping is often one of the lowest IF NOT the lowest on the server (for australian servers.) I'm normally 5 or 6 ping (never in double digits) compared to the majority of people on the server that are 20+ ping.

It's really that bad here, i'm moving to japan

Ya man I was just joking, that does sound pretty aweful. Since I got my laptop and am finally free of my 10 year old piece of shit, my only possible complaint is meh wireless connection in my bed. But can't you click links to see if there's a video and if there is just, not click play?

Ya man I was just joking, that does sound pretty aweful. Since I got my laptop and am finally free of my 10 year old piece of shit, my only possible complaint is meh wireless connection in my bed. But can't you click links to see if there's a video and if there is just, not click play?

Some embedded videos are on auto-load

my flat mate broke my wireless router the other day, pissin' annoying actually

8 Yearsss good fucking lord

yeah i always was thinking when he was going to settle down, and not do such rigorous touring. Must be hard with a family, Opeth are established enough that they can live off CD sales, well maybe not the other guys, but mike could

I think touring is what brings in the money for this band. For most bands.

Sure you don't mean your fat mate? :Smokin:

no, flat mate

I think touring is what brings in the money for this band. For most bands.

yeah it would be the main income, but as mikes the composer of all he will get load more money than the other guys so he could live off CD sales, the other guys prolly need to tour to make a good living

no, flat mate

yeah it would be the main income, but as mikes the composer of all he will get load more money than the other guys so he could live off CD sales, the other guys prolly need to tour to make a good living

They're pretty damn near to being just session musicians though, so if they didn't tour they would have plenty of time to just get a job. On that subject though, tbh I don't see why anyone would prefer a touring band to one that makes like twice as many records unless you're in one of those places like NYC or LA that gets a band on every fucking tour (even then, a new album provides infinitely more joy than a couple of shows imo).

They're pretty damn near to being just session musicians though, so if they didn't tour they would have plenty of time to just get a job. On that subject though, tbh I don't see why anyone would prefer a touring band to one that makes like twice as many records unless you're in one of those places like NYC or LA that gets a band on every fucking tour (even then, a new album provides infinitely more joy than a couple of shows imo).

yeah, agreed i would prefer more music than shows. not sure about them being session musicians it's pretty competitive, and not much work. on the watershed dvd fred talks about when he was booted out of arch enemy he was worried as just had no idea what to do, other than make a new band

yeah, agreed i would prefer more music than shows. not sure about them being session musicians it's pretty competitive, and not much work. on the watershed dvd fred talks about when he was booted out of arch enemy he was worried as just had no idea what to do, other than make a new band

But creating music is not the same as playing for a positive, psyched audience.

I've done both, and they are different kinds of rushes/highs, creation vs performance. Even with covers, playing live is something else.

Of course, when playing live means traveling all over the place, not seeing your family, and all that stuff that happens as musicians get older, it can stop being interesting. Like, for instance, tennis players that love tennis but hate the life of the tennis player (the training, traveling, living in hotels most of the year, dietary/party restrictions, etc...)

I just meant they were close to session musicians in that they really weren't all that involved in the writing process so, outside of actual studio time, the music occupies like none of their time at home.

oh man, i remember ages ago i said i would prefer more music over touring and everyone jumped on my nuts and called me an idiot and its not feasible. has the opinion of the masses changed?

For the bands it may not be most enjoyable or economically viable, but for the fans to prefer records you can play endlessly to shows only a fraction of fans will ever see - well I don't see how you can possibly call that idiotic.

oh man, i remember ages ago i said i would prefer more music over touring and everyone jumped on my nuts and called me an idiot and its not feasible. has the opinion of the masses changed?

No, that's because you said that you wanted them to stop touring entirely. That would be ridiculous...