New Peter Lindgren Interview

cue the crying ladies

Will Steven Wilson be involved in producing the next album?

Definitely, if he's available. We're going to offer him the job and we're going to try to match our schedule to his. We just hope he's available. He's a very busy guy with his band and producing

deliverance said:
since no one replied in the new merch thread. for whoever has been to a show this year so far, what kind of HOODIES are offered?

This has been asked and answered many times. Theres 3 hoodies, Damnation, Deliverance hoodie, And the 3rd is all plain black with the letter "O" of opeth stitched into the left side of the chest

This time when we record we're going to be fully prepared
as much as the steven wilson comment is a drag when you consider the sound that mikael seems to be going for with the new album, I'd say the above comment is good reason for us all to start getting excited, gentleman!

I read in another interview that Mikael is experimenting with weird tunings... this isn't a good prospect for me, as I like to learn alot of Opeth songs, and them generally being in E makes this quite convenient... I just attribute all this experimentation crap to SW, instead of the band making any notable progress since SL, they've just been screwing around with production. No disrespect to the guys, but I'm in a very negative mood tonight, and that's really what I believe. They really gotta ditch SW and fucking move on.

Now to read the interview... :lol:

Moonlapse said:
I read in another interview that Mikael is experimenting with weird tunings... this isn't a good prospect for me, as I like to learn alot of Opeth songs, and them generally being in E makes this quite convenient... I just attribute all this experimentation crap to SW, instead of the band making any notable progress since SL, they've just been screwing around with production. No disrespect to the guys, but I'm in a very negative mood tonight, and that's really what I believe. They really gotta ditch SW and fucking move on.

Now to read the interview... :lol:

As a fellow guitarist/songwriter, I totally agree with you, and understand what you mean. One of the things that makes Opeth so unique is that they achieve all of their guitar sounds in standard tuning(with a few exceptions), and it has really inspired me to get more out of a single tuning, and I always find that when a great band detunes, they lose all of those awesome melodies that were heard on albums with standard tuning, because they are just too caught up playing with their open chords, they forget all about the higher strings.