Peter Lindgren Fan Topic!

Pietjuh

Lord of Barad-Dûr
Oct 2, 2002
Dinteloord, Netherlands
cu2.nl
Peter lindgren rulez!!!!!!
He is a fantastisc guitar player and a worthy member of opeth. Therefore the guy deserves a devoted fan topic :)

But i sincerely hope he will participate more in the songwriting proces on the upcoming albums!

He's the best! He's so nice. Very good guy. I got two of his guitar picks and his autograph! I never met Mikael actualy, that's kind of a bummer...

Hes a really nice guy. He was the first to step off the tour bus and greet us and he was very nice to talk to.

Oh yeah hes a hell of a guitar player too :)

Great guitar player!

Maybe Mikaels is taking up a bit to much of his space sometimes? But on the other hand, mr åkerfeldt can't be said to be anything but an awesome player himself.

to those who have met Mr. Lindgren....Piss off! :p ;)
Peter is my hero...well one of them, his playing style owns all! Hail to the Prog gods! He rules!! \m/

i was very impressed with peter. he didn't even laugh in my face when i gushed about how much i adored him.

Who does most of the solo's in Opeth? Mike or Peter? Sometimes you hear both of them trading off each other, but whats the difference, how can i tell what whos playing the solo's?
But both of them are really underated guitaists and deserve more credit, yes.

I love Peter :Spin:
He was so sweet and awesome to me both times I saw Opeth and when I talked to him...

And let's not forget the kiss I got from him :loco:

But what would make anyone think that he's not appreciated enough? This IS the Opeth board, after all ;)

Peter is just as much an integral part of Opeth as Mikael. He doesn't do as much songwriting, but he comes from a thrash background (he was the biggest thrash fan back in the day) and he does make the music much more aggressive.

And I love his playing. Holy shit I couldn't take my eyes off him. I think it's his personal choice that he doesn't too that many solos. And after all I think that Mikael is a better guitar player overall.

But the solo in To Bid You Farewell is done by Peter (I think), and that's by far the most beautiful solo I've ever heard. It's absolutely flawless.