New Interview with Peter Lindgren

opethbandphoto12232002.jpg

:lol: (dont ask why I find it funny)

Good interview. Interesting questions and all that, and it's good to hear more about damnation. The anticipation is running rampant.

It's good to hear that Peter is impressed by the rise of Tool to the mainstream b/c its an indicator that Opeth could eventually do the same. Not saying Opeth need to go mainstream, but rather that a large segment of real music fans do exist and once Opeth fully tap that vein/market they could easily be as big as Tool.

P.L.: I guess it is impossible to avoid that albums leak out to the internet, what pissed me off about this particular case was that they actually used our official message board! When this happens I usually call MFN and they try to hunt the person down. In general I think that download possibilities is not not so bad for a band like us, we rather have an opportunity to reach people who maybe haven’t heard of us before, whereas for Metallica it’s only bad because everybody knows who they are and they will only lose money on all this. I would prefer, though, that a new album is never available before the official release date since the excitment and moment of surprise gets lost if you can download it and you don’t even know if it’s the right version!