New Iron Maiden

I ordered it tonight so I hope to receive it on monday.

As for SIT, I got that when came out and didn't think much to it but over the years it grew on me. Not their best effort but it does have some great tracks. Like most people say, 7th son is great from start to finish, not a duff track on there. And I'm seeing them in London on my birthday in December

Fuck, I love the Maiden.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

i am posting this for people who want to listen to it now but are still going to buy it.

http://metalunion.wordpress.com/2006/08/24/iron-maiden-a-matter-of-life-and-death/

No sweat. I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer. I really do appreciate it.

Label office? Safe to say you work in the music industry?

i moved to nashville to write and perform, got snagged by a very small independent label and have been getting more interested in the studio and development thing. we are ground level have an office area and home studio. the label hosts about 20 indepenedent and local artists. people who just want to write and perform. cd's are available online and in some local area shops. the labels been around 2 years and has come a long way in that time. we just want to find the next shania and sell her off to a major label :lol: i'm as close to rock as we come and i havn't played an electric guitar in 4 years.
our motto is "it's all about the music" which is good because we arn't making a lot of money. i'll be rocking out my local starbucks tonight :headbang:
free drinks, tips and all the hot MTSU girls i can look at.

According to a posting on the IRON MAIDEN fan site MaidenFans.com, EMI Finland has announced that the new IRON MAIDEN album, "A Matter of Life and Death", has sold more than 13,000 copies within just a few hours of its release on Friday (August 25) — just shy of that country's official gold certification sales plateau (15,000).

:kickass: :headbang:

nafnikufesin said:
I'm not saying SIT is a bad album. I still enjoy it, but it certainly doesn't get as much play as other albums from that era. It's true it was a let down as a studio followup to Powerslave, and it has grown on me over time, but when I put it up against any other album they put out in the 80's, it doesn't compete. That said, it's all a matter of personal opinion, and I completely understand how an album that first gets you into the band holds a special place in your heart (it's that same reason that I think AC/DC's Fly on the Wall is a completely underrated album :kickass: )

IMO Seventh Son was the last great Iron Maiden album to come out. They've have a lot of good ones, but that was the last great one.

LOL we finally agree on something, I think "fly on the wall" is REALLY kickass too, songs like "sink the pink", "hell or high water", "don't talk to strangers"......:headbang: :headbang:

Anyway got the new MAIDEN yesterday, I don't like it that much.....

i don't think fly on the wall is a bad album, but def not even in the top 10 ac/dc releases . i don't think they ever played a song off it after that tour.(which had opener yngwie malmsteen)
i would say the 6 (australian studio releases) with bon and then back in black, for those about to rock, razors edge and flick of the switch all rock much harder with better songs imo.

I got a copy of the new Maiden last night, at first listen I didn't think too much about it, but I've been listening to it for quite awhile today and it is pretty damn fucking good. Anyone going to see them live?? I got tix to see them in October here in Chicago, can't wait. I think the last time I saw them was Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son tour, long time.

i agree. the first time through i was like huh ? and then i started listening to it more and more. i don't know if it's because of the subtle differences in this release or the way the songs are structured that make it take a few listens but i enjoy it more with every listen. i am a huge maiden fan but, i rarley listen to old maiden. going to chicago and trying to go to detroit :headbang: