New Jeff Loomis Signature Model

Damn, I see that Bogner head and think to myself "Jeff's gonna kill on this one".

Then I hear something that sounds worse than a Zoom 505.

Why, marketing people? Why do you always do this?

second that, disappointing. i always liked the superstratish guitars, kinda cool if a badass guitar player isn't a poser.

They do this because they think "the average fuckhead that wants to buy this guitar only has a 5 watt BC Rich amp and four distortion pedals, we should therefore use a 5 watt BC Rich amp, 4 distortion pedals, and put the microphone in the corner of the room, facing away from the amp".

Hey, I dig the shape as I love the Bernie Rico Jr. Vixen :D Pondering on which guitar to get when I do dish out for a Loomis sig... I love my V's...

Well, what can you expect when you post something like that on audio oriented forum :D People just complaining about the sound :D But didn't like the guitar either :<<< (and yeah i gotta do this also AAGGGG THE SOUND THE SSSOOOUUUUNDD!!)

Guess this is one for Schecter's more prolific teenage market. The shape is awful, and they obviously aren't caring much about conveying the tone. Suppose it'd be more about the visual impact. Ooh black rhoads with gothic cross inlays and extra spikes.

Yeah cause teenagers are always the ones dropping the coin for sig. guitars...
I don't get the "black rhoads" bit either..?

Onto a genuine line of questioning for anyone who feels like commenting: he basically says it's the same Loomis guitar apart from the shape.
Well, how are they regarded sonically? Ermz, do you rate his original model?

Personally I've been quite satisfied with my 81-7 loaded Damien 7 for years, with my only gripe being the access to the high end of the neck, as I like to open my hand up and be pretty square on in a more classical position. Hence why I like the idea of a similar guitar in a V shape.

Jackson KV2T - Now THAT is a sexy V guitar.. functional, sexy and DAMN GOOD sounding!
11687-jackson-kv2t-king-v-snow-white--large.jpg

Well, how are they regarded sonically? Ermz, do you rate his original model?

I prefer the vanilla C7 Hellraiser to the Loomis sig. In terms of feel, tone & appearance. Especially in regard to tone. There is something about the mid-cloud inherent to Ash guitars that bothers me greatly.

A while back GH did a reamp test between a C7 and the Loomis, and the C7 wiped the floor with it.

Mind, I also dig the stock 707s too. Swapped them out to 81-7s in mine for all of 10 minutes, thinking I somehow 'broke' the wiring on my guitar because it sounded so awful. Swapped back to the 707s, sold the 81-7s, and life's been good since.

Odd, because I've always hear a cloudy midrange in the Hellraiser C7. For some reason I don't hear the attack I would like out of it, or note clarity. The Loomis model, in every single clip I've heard has sounded exactly like a 7 string for metal should IMO.

Different strokes :D