New Jersey

Uh...if you want to drive about a half hour, there's an excellent record store in Fords called Vintage Vinyl. here's their website.

Not that you need any further incentive Ars, but motion thirded. Just an amazing store that should be a pilgrimage for any metalhead visiting near the area. There is such an amazing selection in there, that I'm almost always overwhelmed for a good period of time before being able to focus and find things to purchase.

Do not miss out.

Jason

Thanks for the info everyone! I'll definitely plan to make it out there. My boss may or may not be traveling with me. If he makes the trip, it might be a little difficult, but I want to be prepared going in, just to be sure.

The arm pit of America.
N.J.?

There's not another state I'd prefer to live in. Four distinct seasons, amazing restaurants, and tons to do in state. Great schools. 12 pro sports teams in the area. NYC, Philly and the beach are all less than an hour away. Easy access to four international airports. Probably the best job market in the country for high paying jobs (when you consider it's own jobs and proximity to NYC/Philly). Tons of hot chicks. We're smart enough to vote Democratic. Oh yeah... we have Vintage Vinyl... you don't.

Don't you live in California? Yeah... I'd rather live there, where the murder rate is 50% higher, they have rolling black outs, riots, wildfires, earthquakes and the Oakland Raiders. :lol:

Zod

Oh yeah... we have Vintage Vinyl... you don't.

people still shop at music stores? man, i can buy everything VV sells for a helluva lot cheaper online. w/ no tax.

both the northeast and cali need to take dives into their respective oceans. if cali feels hospitable, please take mexico with you

people still shop at music stores? man, i can buy everything VV sells for a helluva lot cheaper online. w/ no tax.
I only make it there a half dozen times a year. However, I do enjoy actually browsing and shopping for CDs. I'd be there several times a week if it wasn't 45 minutes away. And for the record, I've purchased plenty of stuff there, that would have been more expensive online.

both the northeast and cali need to take dives into their respective oceans. if cali feels hospitable, please take mexico with you
Don't you live in Texas? By all means... secede any time you want and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Zod

Nothing beats the experience of going to Amoeba and finding a gem in a sea of plastic. Taking home your haul, right then and there, beats waiting 2 months for a record to show up at your door. I'm still waiting for a purchase made from Burning Star that I made in November. Wtf!?!? :erk:

Greg's neighbors, co-workers, distant relations. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing beats the experience of going to Amoeba and finding a gem in a sea of plastic. Taking home your haul, right then and there, beats waiting 2 months for a record to show up at your door.

I am Arse Magnet and I approve this message. I love wading through piles of shit and stumbling across a few diamonds in the rough. Listening to them in the car on the way back is wonderful. Especially if it is a re-buy...something you had years ago and foolishly discarded.

houston has a total of 3 decent metal shops (or shops with metal), none of which is huge, and rarely have anything worth the purchase, so it saves me gas, time, and money to buy online.

in regards to the time, if it takes over one month to arrive, i make a claim through paypal if they did not provide tracking. ive gotten my money back all 3 times.

in regards to secession, many texans feel that way, Greg, I wont lie. we could easily be our own country, what with everything being so cheap here, and the oil and gas business being so large here. we would take control of the gulf, which is loaded with oil, and be fine. there's tons of land to cultivate. the problem with houston right now is the influx of people moving here because stuff is cheap and the bad economy has not really touched us. so i ask all, mexicans and americans alike. stay the fuck out.

personally, id like to move to the northwest.