New Kamelot Album

kashford

Jan 27, 2005
Lawrence, KS
Hey all, I'm busy not studying for finals, and I came across this gem posted on the Kamelot website; thought I'd share because I didn't see it already on here. I can't wait for this!

Kamelotians Worldwide!!

I am just returning from another great week in Germany as we are laying down the finishing touches of the new album. I am dying to tell you the song ideas and title but I am sworn to secrecy. We are working on the art with several artists including one amazing new one from France. Drums are done, Casey did a killer job again. This time he flew to Gate Studios in Wolfsburg to record. We are aiming for a release of Spring 2007, followed by the first leg of Europe tour, then to Japan and another run in North America in August. New songs, new stage and every night a party with our extended family. Also we are excited about our first visits to Finland, Russia, Serbia, Romania, Hungary and Denmark. What else? Some new festivals like ProgPower UK, Kvinesdal and Karmøygeddon in Norway, Oliver will be on stage both Friday and Saturday as Doro is the Friday Headliner and Kamelot is Saturday's. Oh… the new DVD is out everywhere now. Thanks for your fantastic response to our first DVD, also thanks to Patric at Revolver for his hard work as well as Mattias and Pako who did the artwork. So, until next time…

Thomas/Kamelot

Holy Shite, that was quick!!!!! Keep em coming, keep em coming!!!!!!

I am curious to know what if anything is going on in the Conception camp, as far as a new release?

Bear

They started work on this around when the last US tour got announced (which was quite some time ago since it wasn't too far after Epica was announced for PP). Or at least talking about it. I want it released already! :(
I'm thinking it would have been out sooner but they ended up focusing on the DVD release.

whoohoo! This absolutely fabulous news. I blame Kamelot & "The Black Halo" for starting me on the perilous journey through power and power/prog metal. Without them, I wouldn't have attempted ProgPower!

I want that DVD.

Holy Shite, that was quick!!!!! Keep em coming, keep em coming!!!!!!

I am curious to know what if anything is going on in the Conception camp, as far as a new release?

Bear

I was curious about that as well. As much as I know, I'm guessing nothing has been going on. Khan has been on touring and apprently working with Kamelot and the Conception website(s) have had no updates since ProgPower last season.

Disappointing nonetheless :cry:

I cant wait for the new one to be released. Hope there is a chance for Kamelot at PP8.

Not if they are going to be touring North America in August.

But, I have just watched the DVD. Man, that DVD kicks some serious ass. If I am not mistaken (and PLEASE CORRECT ME if I am wrong) on the bonus track on the DVD was "Abandoned" as it was performed at BB Kings in NYC. I was at my table that night, and I must say I have been to many shows in the Metro area, and I can safely say that Kamleot/Epica/Operatika was the greatest concert experience that I have enjoyed. Yea, I have seen Maiden, Rush, Priest, Bon Jovi, Elton John w/ Clapton, Sonata and Monsters of Rock. But, Sept. 20th 2006 was the show I will go to my grave with.

Peace,
Ray C.

They would have needed to play Elizabeth to make it the best show for me. A great overall lineup compared to a lot of recent shows but not among my top 5 as far as a single band's set. I just got the LE DVD/CD of the concert last night. I've listened to a little of the CD and am loving it. Can't wait to see the dvd.