New Kamelot tune with Tommy (live)

listening to this evokes similar reactions as to when I heard Stu sing with Iced Earth. It's close enough to the signature sound so that it's familiar and comfortable but he's got enough of his own sound to make it feel exciting and fresh at the same time. I'm down.

And was that Elize with them? I think so!

Indeed!

541443_10151030765167943_883372879_n.jpg

~Jen

Hard to judge too accurately from a moderate quality YouTube recording, but Tommy sounds awesome (not the least bit surprising) and the new material sounds promising. Hopefully some more footage surfaces soon.

vocally he fits in pretty well, but we knew that from the fill in shows for Khan. As for the new song, can't really judge from the live clip... really hard to make heads or tails of what exactly is going on musically.

One thing I noticed though, doesn't using the pryo as frequently as they're doing so here, every other second or so, sort of diminish the impact it has overall in the long run? I think something like that should be used for big huge punctuation marks in songs. Like at the end of the chorus / launch into the verse of March of Memphisto - thats a punctuation mark. Tell the pyro guy to calm down!

From what I can hear in that youtube video, the new song sounds really great. Just what I was hoping for. They have maintained the 'gothic drama' of the last few albums but incorporated some of the melody of earlier albums that made them so great.

Seeing them three times this year (including twice in Atlanta). If possible, I'm looking forward to it even more now.

One thing I noticed though, doesn't using the pryo as frequently as they're doing so here, every other second or so, sort of diminish the impact it has overall in the long run? I think something like that should be used for big huge punctuation marks in songs. Like at the end of the chorus / launch into the verse of March of Memphisto - thats a punctuation mark. Tell the pyro guy to calm down!

I may be wrong, but I believe it's the actual Fest that runs the pyro in this case, similar to Wacken Open Air

I believe Kamelot has a true class act winner on their hands, I seem to forget that last guy they had now.... ;)

just listened to it myself he sounds awesome to me takes away all my doubts. new song sounds killer as well so looking forward to seeing them and hearing the the disc.

Wow I like it, Tommy sounds great! Alot like older Kamelot actually. Cant wait to hear the new album and see them!!! Wow two months from yesterday actually!!! Coming up quick!!!

Bear

wasnt sure if i was going to be able to go Thursday. But when Tommy was announced as the new singer i knew i had to. He sounds awesome.

More footage

Last edited by a moderator:
More footage from Bang Your Head Festival in Germany July 13, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: