new katatonia album

Holy shit - if I were to buy an album just because of its artwork, the new Katatonia would be it.

It's so fucking amazing. Doesn't really seem like Travis Smith to me. He's done great IMO.

Hey Travis,

Congrats for the new Katatonia artwork. I think it's fucking fantastic! It is quite different from your usual style, hope you're satisfied with it.

:headbang: Hell yeah the cover kicks ass! Different style for sure, but wow, one of your best yet I think. Congrats indeed. The composition is truly magnificent, as are the colours used.

SO GOOD it's my current av.

Indeed. It is excellent artwork and seems that it will be fitting for the album (judging by the new sample and by Katatonia in general).

I also feel that, while they aren't entirely foreign, these new covers look rather different from most of Travis' work -- they don't say "Travis Smith" when you look at them, really. However, they still have the dark and intriguing feel of his work. I'd call that success.

amazing band and amazing artist.
Katatonia cannot go wrong as long as they keep Travis on board as their artist.
Although, I might gag Travis and hide him under my bed and then pretend I am him for Katatonia to let me do their next album cover after this.

yes. it's totally possible I just know it.
mwuahah

Trav seems to be branching out, a lot of his recent works don't really have that Travis Smith time stamp on them! That's very impressive. Nothing like re-inventing yourself a bit.

I've never stopped thinking about it, who is the guy on the cover? If it now is a real person.

The new artwork is not as impressive as TGCD's in my opinion. That is not to say that it is a bad image, and the album will be positively magical. I believe it will be their best ever.

the artwork on this album is the most perfect album artwork i have ever seen. the dark city scape is a definite katatonia trademark now especially in tgcd and the black angel of autumn is definitly doomish and is remenescent of their older masterpieces like bmd. what does that mean? perfect harmony. their older style is literally looming over thier newer style. this will be, without a doubt, an absolute masterpeice, a pinnicle of everything katatonia has ever done rolled into one amazing peice of music. travis your a deity.

the artwork on this album is the most perfect album artwork i have ever seen. the dark city scape is a definite katatonia trademark now especially in tgcd and the black angel of autumn is definitly doomish and is remenescent of their older masterpieces like bmd. what does that mean? perfect harmony. their older style is literally looming over thier newer style. this will be, without a doubt, an absolute masterpeice, a pinnicle of everything katatonia has ever done rolled into one amazing peice of music. travis your a deity.

Thank you very much.

death_V_final2.gif