New Katatonia album?

Vex Loser

Negative Vibe Merchant
Jul 12, 2004
Somewhere in Texas
www.vexhomepage.com
Opinions? I'm two listens in and I would have to agree with the general consensus that it's their most diverse, densely-layered and progressive work yet. Very moving stuff, especially "Departer." This combined with "Woods IV" should make for an unusually gratifying month. :kickass:

I like it a lot!

I've always wanted another artist to do something that sounded like something off of Damnation by Opeth. I guess I got it this time around with "Idle Blood"!
I like how the album starts off sounding a bit like TGCD and then gradually goes into it's own sound.

There's also the new Devin Townsend coming out this month, and it's FANTASTIC.

I was pretty sad by how much Idle Blood sounds like Opeth myself... Mostly because Opeth is garbage to me... BUT towards the middle of the track it takes off and doesn't so much sound like them, I enjoy the track a lot despite.

Probably will end up being my album of the year.

I was pretty sad by how much Idle Blood sounds like Opeth myself... Mostly because Opeth is garbage to me... BUT towards the middle of the track it takes off and doesn't so much sound like them, I enjoy the track a lot despite.

Probably will end up being my album of the year.

I agree 100% with everything said here. Every aspect of the intro to "Idle Blood" just screams "Damnation," even down to the bassline, but then the track goes into melodic territory that I don't tihnk Opeth would be capable of. That's as close as I can come to a complaint; everything else is just brilliant. Definitely a career pinnacle for them.

Haha, yeah my initial reaction to hearing that track was "what the fuck were you thinking Anders?" I enjoy the track though like I said...

I am totally in love with the album now that it has sunk in some more... I actually think the bonus song Ashen is my favorite at the moment, the chorus' are so beautiful!

This album is a total grower so if you don't like it, give it time. I can't say whether or not I like it more than TGCD but it'll probably have more staying power over time. My favorite tracks change pretty much daily but I do skip Nephilim from time to time.