New Katatonia - "Night Is The New Day"

Prog_Please

Apr 25, 2008
San Francisco
I just picked up the new Katatonia album (yes, I had to wait for the US release since I didn't wanna pay the EU version).

The album is amazing!!!!! I had high expectations for the album, and the album exceeds them by a large margin (not like the new Porcupine Tree album, which was below my expectations).

I think Mike was right, there is definitely a different sound to this album that I absolutely love (Mike says its "more progressive"). All the songs are killer, and overall its a little more heavy than some of their other recent releases (key word, recent as in past 3).

Anyways, hopefully everyone else who has the album enjoys it as much as I do. And if you don't have it, its definitely worth the buy.

Think I'm gonna listen to it a third time :headbang::headbang:

I have everything from Katatonia except for this one, which I plan on picking up tomorrow, love these guys, been hearing lotsa good things about this one so very much looking forward to getting it!

I like Viva & TGCD, but I've been slow to warm up to the new one. It doesn't seem near as catchy overall. I'm going to give it several more spins to sink in and hopefully it will wind up being a hit with me.

Britt