New Keith Merrow project - Demisery

prostetnic

Jeff's DI's AGAIN?!
Nov 12, 2010
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcW03yBD3QU&feature=feedu[/ame]

Death metal up your arse! Production is sick, those programmed drums sound unbeliavable, and the guitars are pure 90's love updated to 2011. Keith really went to town in his home studio!

Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words! I'm having a lot of fun with that project for sure.

The guitar tone is my 5150/Randall cab/SM57, and we also used the AxeFx. The guitars were Rico Jr 7 strings with BKP Warpig, and DiMarzio CL/LF.

Drums are S2 mixed with some Slate samples.

Vox are an SM7b blended with a Rode NT1, through an ART MPAII pre.

Hey, man! Probably feels good to see word of your new music spreading over the internet in just an hour or two after the upload :)
Congrats again on those drums! They sound like an actual drummer, and a very proficient one, played them. Benchmark material for sure! Impeccable sample choice and insane programming. Being 100% honest here. And the guitar tone is damn perfect. Pretty much flawless production work, and sick-ass songs so far! Consider getting into production part-time or something.

Hey, man! Probably feels good to see word of your new music spreading over the internet in just an hour or two after the upload :)
Congrats again on those drums! They sound like an actual drummer, and a very proficient one, played them. Benchmark material for sure! Impeccable sample choice and insane programming. Being 100% honest here. And the guitar tone is damn perfect. Pretty much flawless production work, and sick-ass songs so far! Consider getting into production part-time or something.

Wow, thanks again! I'm pretty happy with the tones/mix, for sure. I've just had a great time experimenting on this album with different production tips I've picked up. Sometimes it's kinda tough to get decent drum sounds if you rely 100% on software. That's where the meticulous programming comes in, I guess. We tried or best to make them to sound "humanized". I think it's as good as I'll ever get it. I'm stoked on the guitar tone, though. Best tone I've gotten out of my own rig, I think.

I'd gladly produce part-time if I had people interested in that.

Best tone I've gotten out of my own rig, I think.

For sure.
And I'm pretty sure that if you let people know you are interested in producing, you are bound to get some work. This song sounds stellar as any big-name production, and your name has been out there for the past two years at least.