New King Diamond Album

Maelstrom

Metal is the Law!
Jan 27, 2002
Adelaide
www.theharrowed.com
I just got my copy of King Diamond's 'Abigail II: The Revenge'

What the hell is he on about???:confused:
Haven't quite sussed out the plot yet but at least there's a few more interesting musical moments on it as opposed to House of God which had about four good riffs spread across the entire album.

Has he finally found a line-up to rival his classics, or is he just going to plunder the past.

Thoughts?

I reckon they didn't spend enough time writing the album. Like with Mercyful Fate's '9' being hailed as a return to their old glory. I don't think so!! A good album, but how can it compare to the first two!?! They spent FIVE YEARS writing the first two and '9' came out 14 months after 'Dead Again'.

Same with Iron Maiden. The classic line - up reunited and then 6 months later they've brought out an average album.

I listened to this on the way back from Melbourne on our last tour...

Hmmm........ This isn't even the left over corn and nut encrusted Schtool of Abigail I IMHO... There was nothing really memorable about this album at all and some parts were just downright embarassing...

Of course, this is just on 1 listen so I could be way off here, but I don't remember thinking ANYTHING like this about Abigail I...