King Diamond

maestro_al

Who Dares Wins
Mar 26, 2002
Based on the "Concept Albums" thread, it seems like King Diamond has this area cornered. I loved Mercyful Fate and yet somehow managed to miss out on the King Diamond era...

Any good place to start? Would Abigail be the obvious starting point?

Thanks. :)

Abigail is the best but if you are looking for a cool story line mainly and not both music and lirycs then the graveyard would do it.Just because is a really nasty story and way roo realistic.

Why not start from the beginning with Fatal Portrait? It´s a great album and a perfect start. After that you buy the albums in cronological order: Abigail, Them, Conspiracy and The Eye, and find that you now own five of the greatest metal albums ever to be released.

I'd get " Them " If I were you, that's hands down the best story told by song.. Either that or get House of God.. It's fucking awesome. I'm a huge King Diamond fan and I hate to say it, I don't think Mercyful Fate even compares to the solo work of Diamond.. It's simply amazing.

Yes, I'll echo what (nearly) everyone says here: "THEM." You'll also want to get Abigal, & Conspiracy as well.

The only albums of KD's that aren't entire concept albums are Fatal Portrait and The Spider's Lullabye.

KD simply rules!!