New King Diamond cover, bleh

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
I've always been a fan of the killer paintings King Diamond uses for his covers, whether real painting or digital (Abigail II was awesome). So I just saw the new cover from his forthcoming effort:

mainalbum.jpg

Bleh. I hope it is "the best King Diamond album ever" as he has said, but we all know how THAT goes as well...

I just hope the music kicks. The Puppet Master had some great songs and also some weak songs.

Meh, I don't really know what to expect from him anymore. I thought Puppet Master was one of his better records of the last decade, as was Voodoo. But then he managed to sandwich House of God (his career's low point, IMO) in between. So anything's possible I guess.

:lol: Gotsta love the KING! When does that come out anyway?

Puppet Master was a good release IMO. One of his "sicker" storylines. Graveyard had it's moments too but I didn't care for the production on that one. I think If Graveyard had a bit more production like PM it would have been that much better.

Well in any event, I'm looking forward to this. :headbang:

Well, I think Voodoo was the most boring of the King's recent works. I liked The Graveyard and House of God, and The Puppet Master is among his best. I'm really looking forward to the new album, bad cover or not, hehe... :)

Call me old school but I like his work with Mercyful Fate much better then anything he has done solo. I was glad to hear that Mercyful Fate got signed to Metal Blade (thank you Lars fucking Ulrich, you did something good for once) and I am looking forward to their first album back together in ages.

Call me old school but I like his work with Mercyful Fate much better then anything he has done solo. I was glad to hear that Mercyful Fate got signed to Metal Blade (thank you Lars fucking Ulrich, you did something good for once) and I am looking forward to their first album back together in ages.

Well yeah the first two Mercyful Fate albums are like 2 of the best metal albums ever... but Abigail is pretty close.

:lol: Gotsta love the KING! When does that come out anyway?

Puppet Master was a good release IMO. One of his "sicker" storylines. Graveyard had it's moments too but I didn't care for the production on that one. I think If Graveyard had a bit more production like PM it would have been that much better.

Well in any event, I'm looking forward to this. :headbang:

Odd, most people feel Voodoo was the low point, as do I. The opening track on it's the only when with any thought to arragement on it. I forget the name of the new albm but that's not what I expected for the cover art. lol