Calling all King Diamond die hards... a challenge!

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
I challenge each and every single one of you to track down Pagan's Mind cover version of the King Diamond classic "At The Graves" and then come back and tell me it is not one of the greatest covers of any song you have ever heard.

Pagan's Mind just re-issued their debut 2000 album Infinity Divine with remixed better quality versions of the songs because they were pretty bad the first time around. Included as two bonus tracks on this special re-release is a 2004 re-recording of "Embracing Fear" and a crushing cover of King Diamond's "At The Graves" from the album Conspiracy. Featured as guest guitarists for this amazing cover are Gus G. (Firewind, Mystic Prophecy, Nightrage) and Glen Drover (Megadeth, Eidolon, ex-King Diamond).

Covering King Diamond is no easy feat. Myself and a friend listen to this with a fine toothed comb and realized that this is unfucking believable. Everything from the arrangements to the vocals is just unfucking real. Most people who don't know Pagan's Mind would think they are another Dream Theater progressive metal wannabe and should be covering songs by Dream Theater and Queensryche. Uh uh, no way. This is one of the best progressive metal bands I have ever heard and they have an amazing heavy power influence and just crush.

In the latest BWBK magazine there is an article on Pagan's Mind and here is an excerpt from it....

Infinity Divine 2004 does contain a couple of brand new items for the hardcore Pagan's Mind fans, however, namely a new version of "Embracing Fear" and a cover of the epic King Diamond song "At The Graves". The latter being is guaranteed to lure the merely curious into the Pagan circle, guitarist John Viggo Loftstad's axe work and particularly Rue's vocals an astounding tribute to one of metal's icons.

"It was a great honour for us to do the song, and especially for me being THE King Diamond fan in Norway," says Rue. "When I first got in touch with (Eidolon guitarist) Glen Drover it was like 'Wow, he played guitar with King Diamond! (laughs). We had him and Gus G. (guitars/Firewind) come in to play on the song to build some hype around it and to make it special for both Pagan's Mind and King Diamond fans. It just makes things more interesting for everyone. We did the song because covering King Diamond isn't something people expect from us. They figure we'll cover Dream Theater or something but, well... suprise (laughs)!"

Check this out guys I am telling you.