New Kiske/Sommerville Video posted!!

That was probably one of the most homogenized pieces of metal I can recall.... so boring and uninspired in my opinion. Is this disc the music equivalent of white bread? I don't see him listed on the credits for the disc, but Rami Ali was putting it down on the drum kit in the video (at least I'm pretty sure it was him). I have to ask, Claus... what was so great about that vocal performance to you?

Yes, it's a vanilla product. It's Frontiers and they specialize in these. The songs rule, they have a stable of great writers and singers. THey could pair people up in different combinations for years and sell records out the wazoo.

As for Kiske's career, Kiske is actually out of metal in terms of committing to a project and being a part of that whole scene. However, Kiske has always enjoyed singing in projects of his choosing on his own terms.

Best singer in power metal? I actually think he's even better as an AOR/hard rock singer.

Yes, it's a vanilla product. It's Frontiers and they specialize in these. The songs rule, they have a stable of great writers and singers. THey could pair people up in different combinations for years and sell records out the wazoo.

As for Kiske's career, Kiske is actually out of metal in terms of committing to a project and being a part of that whole scene. However, Kiske has always enjoyed singing in projects of his choosing on his own terms.

Best singer in power metal? I actually think he's even better as an AOR/hard rock singer.

Agree on all counts. This is a very solid album, but come on, there's definitely a formula that they're following.

mëtålspëd;9392536 said:
That was probably one of the most homogenized pieces of metal I can recall.... so boring and uninspired in my opinion. Is this disc the music equivalent of white bread? I don't see him listed on the credits for the disc, but Rami Ali was putting it down on the drum kit in the video (at least I'm pretty sure it was him). I have to ask, Claus... what was so great about that vocal performance to you?

I have to agree...a fairly uninspired song, with all parties involved I expect a lot more... That's what happens with these projects, if the artist is not emotionally invested the product turns out rather plain.

He's one of my most favorite singers, and really like Amanda, but that track seemed kinda formulaic and uninspiring a bit, from his part. He sings well in it, but it's like he's doing the song without attitude or passion, like it's a job, even from his body posture he doesn't seem like he wants to be engaged. Yet, he's pretty much doing metal now.. like with more of a rock beat and more aggressive tempo why? It's mostly been like ballads and Avantasia/Aina type projects like it was mentioned. Is it that he's trying to warm up to it again?

I agree 100%. Thanks to Dennis Ward the last two PLACE VENDOME albums will be the best thing Kiske ever records, (unless he does a third PV album).

Much better suited for AOR. I think he needs to loose the vibrato though.

http://www.myspace.com/placevendme

220px-MichaelKiske.jpg

I'm in the same boat as most here. I like both of their voices, but there really is just nothing special about it. At the end of the day, I'd much rather put my money towards another disc.

I love Frontiers records. Love the formula and I know I can ALWAYS count on AT LEAST 4-5 kick ass songs on any release from them. Sometimes you just wanna get your melodic rock on and they always come through. Like this song and can't wait to get the CD.

I love Frontiers records. Love the formula and I know I can ALWAYS count on AT LEAST 4-5 kick ass songs on any release from them. Sometimes you just wanna get your melodic rock on and they always come through. Like this song and can't wait to get the CD.

I am a huge Frontiers' fan..... but that track (And I assume the whole disc) is more than mediocre.

He might be a better hard rock singer, but the matter of fact is that he wouldn't be "the best singer in hard rock" due to Jeff Scott Soto being head and shoulders above anyone else (and yes, that's a FACT, because I said so!).
Thus, he should be happy about me naming him "best singer in power metal". And those who disagree should just deal with it. I'm right, you're wrong.
;)

I agree 100%. Thanks to Dennis Ward the last two PLACE VENDOME albums will be the best thing Kiske ever records, (unless he does a third PV album).

220px-MichaelKiske.jpg

Place Vendome has morphed into Unisonic. Their debut (essentially the third Place Vendome album) is allegedly going to be released this year.

He might be a better hard rock singer, but the matter of fact is that he wouldn't be "the best singer in hard rock" due to Jeff Scott Soto being head and shoulders above anyone else (and yes, that's a FACT, because I said so!).
Thus, he should be happy about me naming him "best singer in power metal". And those who disagree should just deal with it. I'm right, you're wrong.
;)

Agreed Claus, Jeff Scott Soto is the BEST!!!

220px-MichaelKiske.jpg

I thought this was a joke..lol. When you go to the myspace page it plays pseudo reggae-ish music. I can't seem to figure out which comment it's coming from or how to stop it either. Anyone have any ideas on how to hear Kiske there without mr DJ Super Jams rap straight out of a crack pipe ruining it?