New KISS song

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
For those who haven't heard it yet:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1OC3IRV4

Sounds pretty promising for the new album I think. The riff & groove is very 'classic' 70s Kiss, but overall I think it's actually less '70s Kiss than they've been promoting and quite a bit of a Revenge meets Creatures vibe (in the vein of songs like Tough Love & Heart Of Chrome in particular) mixed in with '70s Kiss. Which isn't a bad thing!!

Certainly sounds like it's on track to be faaaar better than Psycho Circus and perhaps exactly what they need to legitimize this lineup & era of the band.

I guess Gene isnt making enough money from all the KISS marketed merchandise like bowling balls and baby diapers that he has to make more music.

These days I honestly don't think they'd be doing a new album for money. What's the point when with no recording costs they could just release another best of? And they'd probably make as much in a few concerts as a new album will make them as well. Plus merchandise....

I actually think they have made this album for themselves to try to legitimize themselves a bit. Paul seemed to really want to do it, he basically laid out the conditions to the guys and wanted to take full control of it - and did. And it's actually 100% written within the band, all band members playing their own parts on every song, self produced by Paul, etc. I think Paul in particular wanted to prove something...

The lineup has Eric Singer on drums & Tommy Thayer on lead guitar :)

:lol: So it's a mix of everything they've ever done.

Haha not really. It's not like Destroyer, or Psycho Circus, or Dynasty/Unmasked, or most of the '80s KISS.

They went out to make an album that was specifically like a Rock & Roll Over meets first 3 albums I think like an anti-Destroyer almost, stripped back guitar driven sleazy hard rock, whereas Psycho Circus tried to be a '90s version of Destroyer - overproduced & full of silly anthems.

But I think without meaning to, they've ended up mixing alot of Revenge influence into it, which in itself also had a bit of Creatures/Lick It Up edge to it I suppose!