New label plans?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Hey Stefan,

Ever since Earache and Wolverine parted ways, it took you guys quite a while to get Still released and distributed. I was wondering if your deal with Candlelight was just for one disc or if you're still contracted to them. Even though I may be wrong, Candlelight and Wolverine seem like an odd combination (not that Earache was like a better suited "home" for you guys anyway).

Have you ever thought of talking to other labels, such as Inside Out or Lion Music perhaps? Considering the roster on IO, I think Wolverine would make a killer addition, and seriously, I can't imagine their not being interested in signing Wolverine.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this matter unless it's a taboo subject for you.

Cheers!

There are no plans for a new label right now. Inside Out has been approached by us in the past but without result. I agree though that we could be a fitting addition to their lineup of bands.

Candlelight may seem like a strange fit for us but truth is that I have nothing but positive things to say about them, so far. The last two words are added since I don't know how many times we've been let down by people we trusted in this business... Sure it would be nice to be on a label that is more progoriented but I think Candlelight did a great job with "Still".

We'll see how the future evolves but as I said, right now there are no plans of switching label.