New Lamb of God

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Anybody else here pick this up, or even care about it? I think these guys out-Slayer Slayer. They remind me of late era Slayer, but with actual hooks, haha. I'm a huge fan, and can't wait to see them in a couple of months.

Anyway, just got the new record and it's typically great.

I personally loved the track "Contractor" on their new album. I guess it's comparable to new Slayer, however new Slayer is pretty much trash.

Very much a LOG fan. Would love to pick up the new one, but money is tight. Lost my job and I need to spend my money just surviving.

Six... is Eddy Trunk back on XM? I had XM then lost my job and that went away too. Some times capitalism isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Very much a LOG fan. Would love to pick up the new one, but money is tight. Lost my job and I need to spend my money just surviving.

Six... is Eddy Trunk back on XM? I had XM then lost my job and that went away too. Some times capitalism isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Eddie Trunk is now on Sirius as well as XM, that is since the merger became official. Sorry to hear about the job situation, there way too much of that going around...:cry:

I like everything LoG has done, but this new album is great. Very different from previous works as well. If you wanna hear the whole thing, it's on the MySpace.

Reclamation is the best track on there. Really long, epic (never thought I'd say that regarding LoG :lol:) song.

Haven't seen it so I haven't bought it but it's on the list for the weekend... Is it good?! I heard four tracks off the new Ryche this Monday on the Eddie Trunk show. That sounds like the best thing since Promised Land....

Same here. I managed to tape the last 3 songs. I've got 2/3 of Middle of Hell and I missed If I Were King (which is now streaming online). I really love The Killer. The sax stuff is really neat the dual harmony solo on Killer sounds like it was lifted off I Don't Believe in Love.

Not a return to their early days, but I'm please with what I hear so far.

It has it's problems but just be glad you're not living in North Korea. Just saw a documentary on it last night called "State of Mind" - that country musta took 1984 and said "let's run with this". No sense of history, eternal praise for Kim Jung Il, Radios in every kitchen which can't be switched off, the whole country rises @ 7 am.... but I digress.

Sorry to hear about your job 4speed. Times are no doubt shitty right now and my city is feeling it particularly bad at the moment (11% Unemployment!). Hopefully that stimulus is good for something besides lining billionaire's pockets.

Thanks for your sympathy guys. Can't get into politics now, cuz I get all worked up. But I'm starting to sell my possessions to stay afloat. My 1971 Pontiac 455 engine is gone now. I'm doing all I can to keep my GTO. Trying to keep my cd's too.

Go to the Lamb of God website and check out the special package you can only get at Best Buy. I love that special crap like that. I'd get it, but all of a sudden food is more important.

I miss Eddy Trunk talking rock and roll on Mondays. :cry:

I have an ENORMOUS collection and this is one band that I haven't added yet. I need to dig a bit deeper with them. Can't comment on the new CD cause I didn't hear any yet.

I have seen them live and I WAS impressed..their set was great!! This was at OZZFEST!! Main Stage! :headbang:

I'll make sure to give it a listen! :kickass:

4speed.. I'm sorry to hear about the job also!! I hope all works out and SOON!! :erk:

But I'm starting to sell my possessions to stay afloat. My 1971 Pontiac 455 engine is gone now. I'm doing all I can to keep my GTO. Trying to keep my cd's too.

Sorry to heard that. I hope you find something soon and could build up again.

We are all passing through rough times in the world right now. :erk:

I miss Eddy Trunk talking rock and roll on Mondays. :cry:

I don't know if this helps but if you have an iTunes account you can get Eddie Trunk's pod casts of previous and current shows for free by downloading them from there.... I have done that with several interviews that he's done over the past year.... I'm sure the Geoff Tate interview will be added shortly...

The LOG gets better with every listen. Might be their best. Punishingly heavy, very catchy. Early as it may be, a contender for the year end top 10, could be number 1. Bring on that new Mastodon.

For my money, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Nevermore, and Opeth are making some of the best metal of the modern era, and all time. Cool time to be a fan. LOG puts out good album after good album.

Thanks again guys. Nice to have some support. :saint:

Metaldude... a good place to start with LOG is their Ashes of the Wake cd. Everyone is saying the new one is their best yet.

Can't afford the big honkin special package deal that I want, but I WILL buy the new cd. When I find a band I really like I buy their stuff. I guess I'm old school in that way.

For my money, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Nevermore, and Opeth are making some of the best metal of the modern era, and all time. Cool time to be a fan. LOG puts out good album after good album.

This is the stuff I gets me going. I'm a huge Opeth and Mastodon fan, Lamb of God also. Then you throw in Nevermore, a band I've heard of, but haven't heard their music. Now I gotta go to youtube and see what I can find. :err: :headbang: