New live cd review

ITS AN OUTHOUSE!

...or so they claim
Dec 27, 2005
sydney
Hey everybody heres a review i found for the new live cd that comes out on the 22nd! 5 stars!

http://www.getreadytorock.com/reviews/anthrax2.htm

ANTHRAX Caught In A Mosh/ BBC Live In Concert (2CD)
Universal (2006)
F**k me! Phew! And that's just during the opening track.

A double live set recorded while Anthrax were promoting their vinyl highpoint; their 3rd album Among The Living. A classic album by any standards, trad metal, thrash or otherwise.

Disc 1 was recorded at a sold out show at the Hammersmith Odeon February 1987; opener 'A.I.R.' sets the scene well, while 'Metal Thrashing Mad' is exactly that.

12 tracks of prime thrash, when early trad thrash was at its peak. 'I Am The Law' is a classic, and 'Armed And Dangerous' is well received. Joey Belladonna hits most of the high notes and is clearly on form as a top metal frontman.

Couple of interesting covers too, including 'God Save The Queen' and their rather good take on 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' (the studio version released that year as a single b-side).

Disc 2 is the band's August appearance at Donnington. It kicks off with 'Among The Living', followed by 'Caught In A Mosh'. The band certainly made some fans that day, and there were clearly some already there. A few tracks are duplicated, which isn't a problem as sets and arrangements do vary. The welcome addition is 'The Indians', played on 78, as if the original wasn't frantic enough! A memorable and catchy riff and chorus in a minor key.

Anthrax have done some damn good stuff since, but when you reach this kind of peak, the only way is down.

The Queen would need more than saving after a set like this.

Caught In A Mosh - it does exactly what it says on the tin!

Sounds awesome. Can't wait for this. Hopefully it's released in America. "Joey hits most of the high notes" Ah well I was hoping for all;) but that sounds great...can't wait.

The release of this would probably be cool if they hadn't released all the other compilation/live cd's without putting out something new. Typical shit, they have nothing new to offer so they throw out an album of the same old songs, live or not, if you're gonna release something try and make it different from the previous 4 albums you put out. Lame.

^You have a good point.

I'm still interested in giving it a listen, but it's nothing new. Just another live album. It's going to sound like NFV. So Yeah it's nothing we haven't seen before.

The release of this would probably be cool if they hadn't released all the other compilation/live cd's without putting out something new. Typical shit, they have nothing new to offer so they throw out an album of the same old songs, live or not, if you're gonna release something try and make it different from the previous 4 albums you put out. Lame.

The band has nothing to do with this release. I don't think they were dying to release another live album right now!

I will be buying this. I remember listening to the donnington live gig on the radio and taping it. THe tape I had was always wank quality, so it's nice to relieve some good memories - sorta of how the reunion was designed to work perhaps?......

I recall that metallica played that same donnington gig in 87 and were shit by all accounts - everyone raved about the thrax and slagged metallica, which was sort of nice (even though I love both bands).