New live DVD coming

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
This I'm going to get!

ANTHRAX’S LIVE DVD “KINGS AMONG SCOTLAND” APRIL 27, 2018

”Kings Among Scotland,” the band’s long-awaited concert DVD, arrive in stores and online on April 27, 2018.

Captured last February 15 at the band’s sold-out concert at Glasgow’s historic venue Barrowland Ballroom, the two-hour “Kings Among Scotland” incorporates the band’s entire live show along with interviews, behind-the-scenes footage and other B-roll shot on the band’s tour bus, backstage, in hotels and elsewhere. The DVD will also include a “gear rundown” from each of the band members. “Kings Among Scotland” can be pre-ordered starting today

Amazon USA https://goo.gl/BEa5zk
Eu Link soon!

“Playing for our friends at the Barrowlands has always been very special,” said Anthrax’s Frank Bello. “We all know we’re going to get together and have an insanely great time, and we think that incredible interaction and energy really comes through on this video."

With packaging art created by Steve Thompson (Slayer, Motorhead, Iron Maiden), the DVD’s concert is presented in two parts. For part one, Anthrax perfomed the "favorites" that had been voted on pre-show by the band’s fans and includes gems like “Madhouse,” “Be All, End All,” “Breathing Lightning,” and “A.I.R.” The band augmented the stage production for part two, with ramps and staircases and other production values while they tore into their classic 1987 album Among The Living, performing “Caught In A Mosh,” “I Am the Law,” “Indians,” “Eflinikufesin (N.F.L.),” and more.

“It was pretty a intense show,” added guitarist Scott Ian, “especially when the crowd was so insane, the floor actually started moving up and down."

“It was a challenge for all of us to play ‘Among The Living’ live,” admits Charlie Benante. “We’ve played a number of that album’s songs in our shows over the years, but not all of them, and playing a song in a recording studio is not the same as playing it live on stage. So we put in a lot of time to get all of the tracks down perfectly. And I’ll tell you, after we finished that set, as arduous as it was, we all felt a sense of exhiliration, like we could go out and do it again."

“Kings Among Scotland” was produced, directed, filmed and edited for Film24Productions by Paul M. Green (Opeth, The Damned, The Levellers), with the sound mixed by Anthrax studio producer Jay Ruston. For the filming, Green utilized 17 cameras, including a crane and several mobile and stationery Go-Pros.

That sucks, I imagine it costs them a lot to make it out there, maybe it's not worth it for them? Their management probably tells them where and when they're touring anyway. I can't imagine any person in any band wouldn't want to go to Australia, I wish I could!

That sucks, I imagine it costs them a lot to make it out there, maybe it's not worth it for them? Their management probably tells them where and when they're touring anyway. I can't imagine any person in any band wouldn't want to go to Australia, I wish I could!
I did ask the question on the fan club forum, they haven't had an offer to play there, maybe the promotors are waiting for the right time,when they aren't so busy everywhere else ,there is a decent enough demand for them, the shows are always epic but I'm running out of hope,been too long now

Reactions: sufferer
Look at the promoters we have here, hardly surprising they ignore bands like Anthrax. The costs of touring a band here are high, fitting in with the northern hemisphere festivals and gigs where a band can earn bucket loads more for every gig is hard and the time it takes to get here and back makes logistics all the more harder and costly. There is plenty of bands who have proven they can make money here and plenty more who have failed to break even so it's a hard sell to bands and band managers who have not had the best experience here before.

Anthrax would also have to play smaller venues here than they would be used to, so a five city tour (if they went to Adelaide and risked the power going off) would still cost them a lot as a touring band, it would kill two weeks in any schedule, more if they went to NZ. Then if they pushed for consecutive nights in any city the time frame gets extended but they'd still be pushing to play to more than 2000 fans every night because that's the size venue the promoters would put them in. Even at our outrageous ticket price (most of which goes to the promoter) it's a risk that many wouldn't take.

Besides too many people are still picking on Scott's daddy in law and he might still be too grumpy to come here :)

Reactions: sufferer
Look at the promoters we have here, hardly surprising they ignore bands like Anthrax. The costs of touring a band here are high, fitting in with the northern hemisphere festivals and gigs where a band can earn bucket loads more for every gig is hard and the time it takes to get here and back makes logistics all the more harder and costly. There is plenty of bands who have proven they can make money here and plenty more who have failed to break even so it's a hard sell to bands and band managers who have not had the best experience here before.

Anthrax would also have to play smaller venues here than they would be used to, so a five city tour (if they went to Adelaide and risked the power going off) would still cost them a lot as a touring band, it would kill two weeks in any schedule, more if they went to NZ. Then if they pushed for consecutive nights in any city the time frame gets extended but they'd still be pushing to play to more than 2000 fans every night because that's the size venue the promoters would put them in. Even at our outrageous ticket price (most of which goes to the promoter) it's a risk that many wouldn't take.

Besides too many people are still picking on Scott's daddy in law and he might still be too grumpy to come here :)

Your local knowledge of Adelaide makes me wonder if you're here too? :)

No not in Adelaide. In Vic and to be honest picking on SA for their power issues is a bit unfair of me because if our power system here isn't as fucked as SA now it will be soon. :)

Reactions: timmyc
The situation you guys have in Oz have is pretty depressing. Im very fortunate to live a 20 minute drive away from Glasgow city centre so i catch most bands passing through the Uk (which most do eventually). I was at the Barrowlands gig back in Feb and it was my second favorite gig by a metal band EVER, SOWN tour was better though

It really depends how you look at it. We got a lot the big bands of the 80's and 90's here, from thrash to death metal. They played 3000-5000 seat halls, they did after gig parties and there wasn't many a gig where the average Joe could meet a band. We had a fairly big local scene which was popular. We may not have had every metal band tour here but what we did have was well supported. Then the music world changed, promoters here got greedy and pretty much ignore metal for the easy bucks on top40/pop gigs and it was left to the organisers of shitty festivals to get the metal bands.

We had a reasonable run with festivals, even though not every band was big but they saw bands like Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax and many many more touring because of such, then the easy money of pop crept back in because no matter how dedicated metal fans think they are pop still sells. Then we had Mr. Soundwave fuck things up pretty badly by not paying a shitload of bands which really slowed down festivals here and gave many bands a bad taste about coming here because they didn't know if they'd get paid.

But promoters that don't understand metal and metal heads that don't support concerts are only depressive if you let them be. There are more bands touring here than ever before and there is still a local scene that rivals any in the world.

It's worth noting though that the scene is not all to blame as to why Anthrax aren't touring here. There will be a large portion of blame resting with the band and their management, there always is.

Last edited:
The situation you guys have in Oz have is pretty depressing. Im very fortunate to live a 20 minute drive away from Glasgow city centre so i catch most bands passing through the Uk (which most do eventually). I was at the Barrowlands gig back in Feb and it was my second favorite gig by a metal band EVER, SOWN tour was better though
They didn't make it here for that record either,my first anthrax show was stomp tour,I did see them 2 night in different cities to though,quite possibly the best show I have ever seen still to this day.

I also think they will do coheadline here anyway,that would be a big waste of time unless it was a support gig with Metallica,that exposure would be more than worth it and as a fan I could more than handle that.

Australia isn't that neglected when it comes to metal...... I don't thinks it's that bad at all.

Already for 2018 we have the likes of Suicidal Tendencies, Overkill, Sepultura, Death Angel, Destruction, Arch Enemy, Primus, Once Human, etc locked in...... I'm sure there's more but that's what I can think of from the top of my head. It's just a matter of time before Anthrax hit, I'm sure!

i think thats why I'm so pissed off,they would kill it here and they no it,they just want it have to come here,there only excuse is they are so damn busy which is a good thing,just not for me lol

They are probably still hurting from their Soundwave 2013 gigs, crappy festival run like shit compared to the ones they'd have done overseas, average performances, Chuckles got sick and they needed a stand in drummer (who was already filling in for Lombardo in Slayer) and even back as far a 2013 AJ was reportedly diddling the books and not paying all the bands their dues. I wouldn't come back here either!

Nah - Jon Dette was already slated for Anthrax that tour. Charlie was already not going to play and he missed a shit ton of WM tour shows.

It was Slayer that got him to fill in at the last minute for them when Lombardo and the Slayer camp got the shits on with each other (again!!).

Anthrax will get here eventually.

Yeah he was still a fill in drummer for both bands so neither was playing at full power, topped off by a crappy festival more suited to pretend metal bands and pop fairies...or bands that didn't want to get paid.

The problem with most metal gigs in this country is the venues. Overkill and Seplultura Death Angel, Gwar, Cradle Of Filth (those already with tickets on sale) and so many who came before them get booked for 170 Russell in Melbourne, a 1050 capacity venue. Even if bands get a 5 city tour they are still playing to less people in a week than a single gig elsewhere in the world, that's a lot of risk for what is essentially a few fans.

Anthrax might have a decent fan base here but it would still be hard work to convince a promoter to book them into larger venues because metal heads in this country are known for not putting their money where their mouth is and supporting local gigs. I like smaller gigs, this country was built on pub gigs even for metal bands, but seeing a band like Anthrax or Overkill in such a cramped venues suck and it's one reason why so many metal heads don't go to concerts.

Well that being said I just bought my ticket to see them and Killswitch on Jan. 30th in Tampa, my 17th Anthrax show. Sorry guys! If anyone wants to fly to the U.S. and go to the show you're more than welcome to crash at my house lol!

How is this not coming out on Blue Ray?! For gods sake even LA Guns have a Blue Ray coming out. You can't tell me they sell more than Anthrax?!
I really think Nuclear Blast is becoming like a band farm, with a million bands that they are cranking out and it's our veteran Thrash bands that pay the price with no blue rays and cheaper and cheaper packaging. While NB takes the money those bands bring in and spends it on new bands that haven't proven anything. Rant Over.

Wow I never even noticed that it wasn't on blu ray until you said that, that's insane! Regular DVDs look so shitty in quality now, hopefully they'll announce a blu ray version before the release.

Reactions: redfly