New LOG album leaked.

mu favorite "new"band!It seems a lot of people dont like them becouse lack of apparent melody!but I love them for that!like slayer very little melody just in your face power.really good album bless log

I got through it 4 or 5 times now.
Although I hate PLOINK PLOINK-snares I loved the drumsound on Sacrament - not so on Wrath. Less balls, more PLOINK - not good :D

Guitarsound is great again, vocals are too. I like how Randy "sings" on the opener.

Overall I like Wrath, although Sacrament will still be my favourite.

all my most favorite albums... the ones that i listen to more than any others, have always taken at least a few listens to grow on me, sometimes several. in some cases i even hated them on first listen.

albums that catch my ear right away, that are instantaneously gratifying, i usually find my self becoming bored with quite quickly.

That has only happened to me with Images & Words in '94 which was really a big wtf did I just listen to.

Took your advice and gave 'Wrath' another 3 listens. It's still a resounding 'no'. Granted, there are some good riffs kicking off but it doesn't take me from start to finish. I love LOG and all those tasty riffs they cooked up in earlier albums. This time around, I'll have to pass.

Quite a fan of LOG, and i gotta say, the production isnt what i was expecting, though i love the fact i can hear how sick John is getting his bass tone...

guitars seem to be headed in the right tone direction that they aimed for previous, and the picolo style snare is what i've come to expect from them...

...the vocals although fucking brutal, aren't that great in comparison to albums such as Palaces...

mu favorite "new"band!It seems a lot of people dont like them becouse lack of apparent melody!but I love them for that!like slayer very little melody just in your face power.really good album bless log

new?

dude these guys started jamming as BTP back in 92 or something stupid like that..

im sure you guys are listening to mp3s and youtubed but i heard the real cd the other day one time through on my studio system someone brought me an advance promo copy and i thought the mix had plenty of balls. songs were weird but as james said things take time to grow. some stuff caught my attention right away other things were a bit daring as far as their creative direction. hard to make a judgement call based on one listen but i don't see how anyone says the production lacks balls. its a very drum/bass oriented mix and the mark iv is there in all it's glory. i do remember some parts of songs saying the guitars could be louder here though.

but hey i didn't fall in love with sacrament until 4 or 5 listens and it became my favorite LOG album and probably one of my fav metal albums.

ps - i didn't even keep the copy i'm gonna get the cd when it comes out. more exciting that way for me.

File it under Death Magnetic and say no more.

as a bump and addendum, I'd say "File it under ...And Justice for All" and say no more. Still not my favorite Lamb of God album, although it would be impossible to top Palaces in my book, but it is a really fucking good album. I got used to the production and now I think it is the best one they've ever had.. not as overproduced as Sacrament, not as low-fi sounding as Palaces, but just about as ballsy.
And so what, they didn't use a Sneap sounding snare.. big fucking deal. It fits perfect.

as a bump and addendum, I'd say "File it under ...And Justice for All" and say no more. Still not my favorite Lamb of God album, although it would be impossible to top Palaces in my book, but it is a really fucking good album. I got used to the production and now I think it is the best one they've ever had.. not as overproduced as Sacrament, not as low-fi sounding as Palaces, but just about as ballsy.
And so what, they didn't use a Sneap sounding snare.. big fucking deal. It fits perfect.

i agree on 90% of this

Set to fail is an awesome song and under the youtube quality you can tell lurks some very good production.

Joe

I just can't find myself liking this band...Considering their "biggest" song was a blatant riff-steal.