New 'Magnitude Nine' is great!

Kai-Guy

May 8, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
The new Magnitude Nine disc is awesome. For anyone that has heard it---'type' down what you think. They would be a great addition to Prog/Power in the future! Corey Brown sounds great! Oh, by the way (I forgot who it was) thanks for the 'Machine Men' tip--I ordered both c.d.'s --they are great!!! I guess they won some kind of 'new artist' award in Finland. Should be hearing more about them in the future! ------- Stay Metal :headbang:

Yep, the new magnitude 9 disc is great! I would love to see these guys at prog power V. I've met Joe Glean(keyboard player) a few times, he's seems to be a great guy!:headbang:

I bought that myself this past week. I wasn't sure what to expect initially, as I hadn't heard anything about it. I own two earlier M9 discs, so I bought it thinking it would be a safe bet. No disappointments! By the way, Dave, are you saving for PP5 yet?

I like it. Not sure where I'd rate it in respect to "Reality in Focus", which I loved. The one immediate complaint I have is the production. It's very muddled. Beyond that, Rob's guitar sounds terrible (not his play, the sound), and Cory's vocals are a little too low in the mix.

I believe Glenn has said in the past, that he had inquired about M9 for PP, but they are not a live act, just a studio act.

Zod

Awesome CD. Will most likely be in my top 25 for 2004!

I played the fuck out of it when the promos came out. Even though I had it...what did I go do? Buy the Japanese version for the bonus track LOL.

Haven't listened to it enough to draw an opinion, but one thing i can say is that it is too damn short!!! Before I know it, it's over. As long as it's 45 minutes of quality, I guess I can't complain; however, when you are accustomed to 60-70 minute cd's like DT and POS, you become a bit greedy!!!

It's a VERY solid CD. Ultra melodic and smooth. I do agree with the comments above regarding the production not being the best.

Corey's voice is the high-point of the CD as is every CD he sings on. I can't say that I like it more than "Reality in Focus" though. All the songs on the new CD are very good, but there just doesn't seem to be much of a variety in sound amongst the songs. The all pretty much keep to the same formula. I've listened to the new CD over 20 times, and it is still hard for me to remember any particular song by it's rhythm or lyrics. However songs such as "Afterlife", "Far Beyond Illusion", and "Lost Along the Way" from the past album are very clear in my mind although those songs were released some 3 years ago.

I'm not at all complaining about the new CD - I do love it and don't hesitate to recommend it to anyone into melodic prog. It really grooves along. Definitely a Top 10 disc for me in 2004. Their formula is VERY pleasing to my ears and if they never venture far off their path, I'll still always look forward to their upcoming material.

General Zod said:
Cory's vocals are a little too low in the mix.
Wow, I thought the exact opposite, at least when comparing to the drums, which for the most part sound like little clicks!

I believe Glenn has said in the past, that he had inquired about M9 for PP, but they are not a live act, just a studio act.
Hmmm.