News bits on Magnitude Nine, Sonata Arctica, Manowar, Iced Earth, Gaia Epicus

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Just a couple news bits in the world of Prog/Power/Traditional metal. I am sure most have heard this news already but it doesn't hurt to post around for those who haven't.
---

In a recent interview with Metal-Rules.com, JAG PANZER guitarist Mark Briody, whose computer graphics skills are well documented, offered an update on the ICED EARTH DVD which was originally slated to be included with the band's "Glorious Burden" album:

"My basic work is done," he said. "I'm waiting for the 'Declaration Day' video, someone else is doing that so we can include the 'Declaration Day' video, which is great. I love adding more content, it just gives the metal fan a lot more to have. Basically I'm waiting for that, which should come any day I think. Then I've got the offer to work with an authoring house in Denver cause [ICED EARTH mainman] Jon Schaffer wanted a choice of multiple surround soundtracks. He's got an orchestral mix of 'Gettysburg' that's very cool and he has a metal mix and both are a lot different mixes from the stereo mix on the album. So in order to be able to pick from a different 5.1 and a stereo mix we really had to work with an authoring house that does like Hollywood films and stuff. I'll be working with them on the final authoring once I get 'Declaration Day'."
---

MANOWAR have been confirmed as the headliners of Earthshaker Fest 2005, a three-day event set to take place July 21-23 in Geiselwind, Germany.

Legendary rock promoter/record producer Rainer Hansel brought MANOWAR and Earthshaker Fest together, knowing both were committed to presenting the highest quality production and creating the ultimate festival experience for fans. He was quoted as saying that "The time has come for the fans of open air shows to finally receive what they deserve and there is only one band I have ever worked with that has always given their all to the fans and that is MANOWAR."

MANOWAR's Joey DeMaio commented, "We will literally shake the earth and the world will once again see the power of the greatest fans in the world. There is only ONE festival to attend in Germany in 2005."

The first-ever MANOWAR Mega Fan Convention will also place at Earthshaker Fest 2005. This convention is organized by Theo and Marjo Verdooren of World Wide Web Warriors, MANOWAR's 230,000-strong fan club, and will draw fans from over 13 countries for daily activities that will bring them up close and personal with the band. Marjo said, "This will be an unbelievable event for the fans and it is a dream come true for us."

(Thanks: Orpheus Spiliotopoulos / Metal-Temple.com)
---

Norwegian power metallers GAIA EPICUS have posted sound samples from their upcoming second album, "Symphony of Glory", at their official web site. Check them out at this location.

"Symphony of Glory" is scheduled for release in early 2005 via Sound Riot Records. The follow-up to 2003's "Satrap" was recorded and mixed over a five-week period at Top Room Studios (TRISTANIA, VINTERSORG, BORKNAGAR) with producer Børge Finstad and will feature artwork by Michael A. Mueller (MEGADETH).

"Symphony of Glory" (view cover here) track listing:

01. Welcome (intro)
02. Time and Space
03. Miracles
04. Sieze the Day
05. Hand of Fate
06. Wings of Freedom
07. Spanish Eyes
08. No Release?
09. Chamber of Secrets
10. Be Thy Cross My Victory
11. Symphony of Glory

For more information, visit www.gaia-epicus.com.
---

SONATA ARCTICA's new single, "Shamandalie", entered the Finnish single chart at position No. 3. View the whole chart here.

"Shamandalie" comes off the Finnish melodic metallers' fourth studio album, "Reckoning Night", available now on Nuclear Blast Records.

SONATA ARCTICA will be supporting NIGHTWISH on a North American tour beginning on April 18, 2005 in Minneapolis.
---

Guitarist Rob Johnson of the U.S. prog-metal/power metal band MAGNITUDE NINE is now preparing his next guitar instructional DVD and CD-ROM video release, tentatively due in early 2005. Guitar players into shredding and wanting to add to their own soloing and lead chops will enjoy Johnson's first video, titled "Shred Guitar Tactics". Copies of the video can be ordered here.

MAGNITUDE NINE are currently writing and demoing their fourth CD, tentatively due in late 2005 via InsideOut Music.