New Marshall YJM100 Yngwie Malmsteen Signature Head

As much of a joke as Yngwie is, the man clearly has good taste.

That looks classy as fuck.

Isn't it funny that the most anachronistic guitar player out there has great looking signature gear while most contemporary guitar players fall over themselves to ram garish crap like chrome and graphics and awful inlays on their shit?

Looks sweet. Would love to hear a good sounding clip of some leads played with this amp. Don't expect the rhythm sound would be all that great for anything post-70s style hard rock/metal though

Looks sweet. Would love to hear a good sounding clip of some leads played with this amp. Don't expect the rhythm sound would be all that great for anything post-70s style hard rock/metal though

I think it's got a great thick and chunky sound perfect for hard rock and metal form any time period.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srBIWlrDLqc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

They couldn't get someone with a bit of flair in their playing to demo that?

Not that it sounded bad or anything but it IS Yngwie's signature head after all. Would it have really hurt to show off a side of it that isn't a generic Marshall rock tone that we've been hearing for decades? Something tells me that the old rock covers guys are not the intended market here.

I think it's got a great thick and chunky sound perfect for hard rock and metal form any time period.

Yes, I'm sure this amp will do modern technical death metal with 7 string guitars tuned down to G# well:rolleyes:

They couldn't get someone with a bit of flair in their playing to demo that?

Not that it sounded bad or anything but it IS Yngwie's signature head after all. Would it have really hurt to show off a side of it that isn't a generic Marshall rock tone that we've been hearing for decades? Something tells me that the old rock covers guys are not the intended market here.

This.
So fucking tired of those "Blues rocker" guys that have to demo every fucking amp.
"Now we are going to show you what this Triple Rectifier/6505/Framus Cobra/Krank Krankenstein (or just insert any amp that would be very much aimed at the more modern heavy rock/metal guitarist) sounds like........, hey I know, I'll let my friend Wankster Mcmasturbator show you some blues rock licks THAT YOU DEFINITELY HAVEN'T HEARD BEFORE to demonstrate this amp!"
FUUUU_RE_FFFFFUUUU_Pizza-s508x387-44250.jpg

Yes, I'm sure this amp will do modern technical death metal with 7 string guitars tuned down to G# well:rolleyes:

I think it has enough gain to do that too. It won't have the overly compressed sterile sound of some modern high gain amps but it will still sound good. To me, anyway.

Would it seriously have been much hassle to get a stand and mic that cab properly instead of draping a 57 over it!
Sounds like it could be a great head though, I'd love to get to play with one in person.

This.
So fucking tired of those "Blues rocker" guys that have to demo every fucking amp.
"Now we are going to show you what this Triple Rectifier/6505/Framus Cobra/Krank Krankenstein (or just insert any amp that would be very much aimed at the more modern heavy rock/metal guitarist) sounds like........, hey I know, I'll let my friend Wankster Mcmasturbator show you some blues rock licks THAT YOU DEFINITELY HAVEN'T HEARD BEFORE to demonstrate this amp!"

Paul from Guitar World is the epitome of this.

"Now this is a metal guitar/amp/pedal, so let's do what it was designed to do".

*Pentatonic riffs with too much gain*

"As you can see it's a real firebreather".

No, Paul, I did not see that.

Paul from Guitar World is the epitome of this.

"Now this is a metal guitar/amp/pedal, so let's do what it was designed to do".

*Pentatonic riffs with too much gain*

"As you can see it's a real firebreather".

No, Paul, I did not see that.

Fuck, that guy makes me want to facepalm every time I see a clip with him in it. I feel genuinely embarrassed to watch the clips, and it quite frankly surprises me that Guitar World are not embarrassed each time they get that guy to put the amps 'through their paces'. It just seems like he's permanently stuck at the level of a high school 'hard rock' guitarist that's been playing for about 18 months tops.
But I suppose Guitar World is an embarrassment in itself, those douchebags can't ever give a bad product review.

Fuck, that guy makes me want to facepalm every time I see a clip with him in it. I feel genuinely embarrassed to watch the clips, and it quite frankly surprises me that Guitar World are not embarrassed each time they get that guy to put the amps 'through their paces'. It just seems like he's permanently stuck at the level of a high school 'hard rock' guitarist that's been playing for about 18 months tops.
But I suppose Guitar World is an embarrassment in itself, those douchebags can't ever give a bad product review.

I can understand why they can't flat out condemn something, but you really do get the feeling that they are only telling you half the story.

We seem to be on the same page on a lot of topics here in the equipment section Harry. We should high-five with cocks.

^Yeah, that's gross.

Anyway, Guitar World has always been about the AD revenue. The mag has always been one giant commerical with a couple interviews and transcriptions crammed in the middle. They aren't going to bite the hand that feeds. But I think you can tell when they truly like a product because they give it an award of some sort.

I think Paul is a good guy but they should definately have more variety on their review staff.

About 75% of the world doesnt play downtuned / 7 string / core-ish metal. If you cant get an idea of what an amp sounds like from the demo above then your nuts.

As for it doing modern metal tones. I bet it does them quite nicely actually. That boost section on the back along with the power attenuation will give you more then enough gain.

As for the guy who demoed the video he is actually quite good, and his hands produce a nice tone. Hes is one hell of a player.

If they didnt charge a gabillion dollars for these sig amps I would buy them. Marshall isnt going to sell many of these or the slash model at all. Such a shame. Great sounding amps.

They have this same guy demo all their amps so its not just a random blues rock guy they found somewhere. Quite like the amp by the way. A shame that it will probably cost me more than it will in the states. And I live down the road from the factory...