New Mastodon Song.

swizzlenuts

i'm sciencing as fast as i can
Apr 21, 2003
Arkham
www.myspace.com/mastodon

It's a pretty good song... they don't really have any of their "heavy" sludge stuff, but it can be promising.

The opening riff is good along with the solo, but the middle may be lacking... the album will show... and it comes out on my birthday! :fuckyeah:

I always have a soft side for sludge in my heart :cool:

Pretty all-round solid track (I'm loving the build up to the heavy part from about 1.30 onwards) though I'm sad to see Matt Bayles has stuck with a drum sound closer to that of Leviathan than the BLUDGEONING FURY of Remission. Bran Dailor is the best drummer in metal right now and not putting him higher in the mix is a crime.

having a solo in there is pretty crazy... considering very few songs mastodon has made have solos...

This is definitely the best Mastodon song I've heard, reaching the dizzy heights of being just about tolerable for a minute or so.

Not a Mastodon fan.. even when I saw them live on the unholy alliance tour I still thought they weren't very good.. but I will say that their one song "Blood & Thunder" live was good. After listening to this new song.. I feel like that solo is just out of place somehow..