New MEGADETH album on 5.08.07

Aug 18, 2006
S. Illinois
Don't know if there's any remaining MEGADETH fans around, but their new album United Abominations (a play on the words "United Nations") will be released on May 8th, 2007.

It'll include the Gears of War song, which actually sounds pretty good in MP3 form, rather than YouTube form. ;)

I'm kind of put off by Dave's politics, but I like catchy heavy metal anyday.

Between finishing the record and Gigantour, it wasn't possible, or so Dave said. Then there's the double live album coming out in March, so it was pushed back to May 8th. Andy Sneap is doing the mixing so you know it'll sound good.

Dave split up the band after the world needs a hero because he severly hurt his arm saying he got atrophy in his arm with some nerve damage after falling asleep in a hospital with it hanging over a chair.I believe he was in the hospital after 9/11 for freaking out a little.I think i have this correct if memory serves ( and it may not) then after he got better wanted ellefson to come back as a hired gun, hence the law suite.After that stuff he put a band together for the recording of the system has failed( in my opinion the best album since countdown to extinction) and then put together a band for touring lost that bass player and that leaves us with who is in the band now.Granted this is all just from stuff i have read over the years and shouldn't be taken as gospell although i think it's pretty acurate.This new album is supposed to be a solo fest so i am excited

Besides the 2 tracks out right now off of the album, Im sure there will be some great tunes, riffing, leads, and solos on this next album.
Just got done seeing Slayer about an hour ago, my ears are ringing like fuck, but was one hell of a show none the less.

I hope he has ditched the keyboards for this album,although it wasn't very prominent on alot of the tracks on system
once i hear it i can't unhear it.It just takes away from the heavieness for me ( personal taste)

Great i love Megadeth Since i was a child and i cant wait for this new record, the system has failed was amazing and I know this one will be great Too, FUCK YOU METALLICA... hahaha:headbang: :kickass:

Can't wait for the new album! I'm actually pretty excited, I can't wait to see how their style has developed over the last few years, knowing everything that has happened :rolleyes: .

I really can't wait! :kickass: :headbang: