New mellow ambient tracks - Definitely not metal!

Splat88

Jan 31, 2006
Vegas
Amazing stuff. You need to sell your music to Movie Soundtracks.

Great stuff Splat88!
I've always enjoyed your productions and songs!

Thanks guys! @ MKS, I would love to get into selling stuff like that eventually. I'm going to have to investigate that a little more thoroughly.

Really cool songs and production! What did you use for the synth parts? What about the guitars?

Really cool songs and production! What did you use for the synth parts? What about the guitars?

Thanks! The synth is just Cubase 6's Embracer synth. All the guitars and bass on Song 2 are PodFarm2 and all guitars and bass on Song 1 are PODX3 recorded straight into Cubase. Same sound as PodFarm, just did not want to reamp.

I loved both songs. Great job!

Also, I have to ask this, is there any progress with the full album you were working on?

Shit, my progress is pathetic. I have not worked on anything for a long time now, I just had to do something different for a while. I'm going to get back into the swing of things come the new year because I really want that material out properly. Also, remind me to never ever record dry tracks of guitar to reamp! I just end up working on different amp tones instead of mixing the damn song. Anymore, I'd rather just have a track committed to 'tape' and just say oh well, let's run with it.

i am in awe of that wall of sound you've created. Seriously amazing stuff

Thank you so much!

Love the 2 songs. But the bass is a bit loud in the first one. Needs some automation in some sections.

Are you talking about "Song 2"? That's the first one listed but I think the bass is more prominent in Song 1.

Been listening to that song you posted in the middle of September literally every single day since I downloaded it.
Was listening to it upwards of 8 hours per day pretty much non stop for like the first week haha.
The new song is fantastic too.

^ this men knows how to compose a song. I also really dig the new songs. About the bass being loud, I was referring to the song in the first link.

Also, remind me to never ever record dry tracks of guitar to reamp! I just end up working on different amp tones instead of mixing the damn song. Anymore, I'd rather just have a track committed to 'tape' and just say oh well, let's run with it.

Totally. I get that feeling all the time. The never ending reamp cycle... but it's just so much more economical & consistent for large projects.

If you ever do decide to compose for film - I'm your mix engineer - been looking to crack the game/film OST market for a little while now!

Good work on the songs. I have to say I prefer your heavier material though - feels like there's more variety or something. Holds listener interest a bit more.

Song 2 would go great in a Top Gun remake though! :D