New Melodic Death Song - 8 minute Epic from Burning Sunset

I can't completely get into the harsh vocals. The rest of the song sounds pretty cool. The clean/ Indian-ish section was an interesting touch. The production has it's good and bad points, the bad mainly being the harsh vocals IMO. I'm really digging some of the riffs though, and the lead after the clean section is pretty sweet.

Thank you very much for your post.

Regarding the vocals, I agree. The singer just fills his lugs with air and shouts like there is no tomorrow, which makes him loose control of the air flush, making that harshness. Solution: a 2x4 in his head. :lol:

The clean section is not indian. It is a Guitarra Portuguesa (sorry, no translation here) a typical portuguese instrument, but yeah, I know what you mean.

Anyone else? I kind of know the good and bad points of this production. Just like to see if you guys have the same opinion, and of course, if this music is ready to be released as it is. Would you buy it? :D

I think it sounds sick but again i agree the vocals just seem way wrong and just draw all your attention to them and makes your face pucker up like this:erk:

But hey besides that great job dude and a bad singer is not your fault!!:headbang:

Sorry, english is not my native language. I always mix the ins, ons, outs and stuff. But, hey, anything that makes him sing right :lol:

I think the next step to improve my mixes is to be a bit more demanding during the recording process.

Also, something that noone mentioned, is the violin and the cello. I struggled a lot to make them sit on (?:lol:) the mix, but I'm not 100% pleased. Do you agree? What do you advise?

Thank you all :headbang:

I like the mix! everything sounds clear, nice kick and snare as well.. cymbals do their job, nothing i can find out here that should be different... perhaps you should turn up the guitars a bit more and turn down the vocals a bit...