Alwin said:
Denis, Denis
why don't you quit this poetry?
Denis, Denis
you won't get some this way
Denis, Denis
I just wanted to saaaaaaaay:

shit-fuck-dick-sex-drugs-piss-rape

you have something to give and I have something to take!

*hugs*

your loving lovely friend Alwin

Alwin thats not like you to act so immature, mmm why are you treating denis with unwelcoming arms? now be told ok. :)

Hello!

It is really strange and shocking to hear such reactions to my poetry. Not that I think it is the best a person can write, but I do not see a reason to treat it like that. You may have your reasons to treat me in a bad way If I have given you a right for that. I simply thought that I have to join this very forum (as well as few others) to share my thoughts and my love for music. It seems that I was mistaken.

Now I really do not know If I have to stay or If I better leave and continue making music, writing poetry and books in a different circle, maybe alone, If everything is being treated like that and If some perversion rules the world.
Don't you people ever think about Anathema's lyrics and the meanings behind the words? Don't you ever think about that great input that is being laid into music? Or maybe it is only me who thinks this way?

Thank you, Susie, for your words. They have supported me very much. I would really like to hear an explanation to Alwin's behaviour. If it's about
my location, then you must know that I am only located in Kiev, Ukraine,
but I am not Ukrainian. I truly hate this country and wish to move sooner
as soon as my current job is over.

Denis.

I see Windstranger came on with some nice poetry and everyone just jumped and took the piss good style, then danny comes on and typed some words and you all dived on him saying 'oooo yeh danny thats so cool quick record it danny ooo yeh danny oooohh yeh i love it' :)

that's a very, very important posting there mate! What if this wind fella, or lady, was really a member of Anathema checking what you really thought of the lyrics??????? hmmmmm???

Best post I've read in a while there Susie, GO ED. :worship:

Susie said:
I see Windstranger came on with some nice poetry and everyone just jumped and took the piss good style, then danny comes on and typed some words and you all dived on him saying 'oooo yeh danny thats so cool quick record it danny ooo yeh danny oooohh yeh i love it' :)

i know, the lick arses wha :yell:

Pay no heed dude, people here are sometimes retarded but never mean!
I guess Alwin just wanted to joke.
You're welcome here of course. Stay and share your views about Anathema, i'll listen to (or rather read) it.
So WELCOME and enjoy!

windstranger said:
I would really like to hear an explanation to Alwin's behaviour. If it's about my location, then you must know that I am only located in Kiev, Ukraine, but I am not Ukrainian.
Hi Denis,

To me, it doesn't matter where you come from and if you are one of the locals there or not. Yes, I am interested in Anathema lyrics and they mean something to me. A meaning which I think is personal and I prefer not to discuss on a public forum. The thing with your poems is that, if it is meant for the band, then why do you post it on a public forum? Your poems may have meaning for you, but they don't have the same meaning for everyone. Nor does every forum member or Anathema fan like poetry. Moreover, expressing your dedication to Anathema in such a serious manner simply gets me laughing. Maybe this is a weird or cynical sense of humor to you, but I can't help it. My posts were perhaps a bit rude towards you as a new forum member and I apologize for them. I wellcome you on this forum and hope you like it here :wave: ;) :) :cool: :Spin: :p

Regards,

Alwin.

yes hello there!

and i just wanted to say that if someone else would say he'd or she'd wrote a songs with only 2 lines, i'd have said something about it too. i like those short kind of things, i can't play much of guitar, but if i do there's moslty not much more than some sentences repeated. perhaps mantra like. anyone?
'i want booze, i want booze, i want to put my alarm clock back on snooze'
but okay in this case it was danny, i've no clue why we were licking his arse, perhaps because it was a monday.

which doesn't take away that windstranger should record his/her poems too, and she/he can share them as much as she wants, can't she/he?
and where are you moving to? is ukraine that bad?

*i want to sleep, sleep sleep*

"...which doesn't take away that windstranger should record his/her poems too, and she/he can share them as much as she wants, can't she/he?..."

ofcourse he can, many did it before him too

and this mantra thing ...i have that too, without the music though, just a buzz in me head going "i'm stupid i'm stupid i'm sooo stupid..." :D

windstranger said:
I simply thought that I have to join this very forum (as well as few others) to share my thoughts and my love for music. It seems that I was mistaken.
It seems like that indeed :) My experience with writing music is that a lot of people do not "connect to" your work in the way you do yourself. The problem is to draw the "right" people to your work. On this forum, you can for instance start a poetry thread. Then it is immediately clear what it is about and people not into poetry may skip it. What I did with my music is put it on download.com (the link is below), where it is organized in musical genres. In that way, the music may draw the "right" people towards it.

Alright, some constructive words after some deconstructive ones :D

sometimes, things are best said in one sentence or one word even, id never read too much into other peoples lyrics, they are theirs, its personal and its not for us, just give me the vocal sound, be it jibberish ala elisabeth fraser etc etc or actual phrases. its good to leave down the spectacles and stop reading into things, it doesnt matter

iah alwin. i dont think its about a poem being too personal to share it with other people. all the lyrics dan and dunc and mick etc etc are shared with us anyway. and we know the true meaning of certain songs.

you should be polite, tho not telling bollox to the guy. just say that you dont like the poem.

Mariner said:
iah alwin. i dont think its about a poem being too personal to share it with other people. all the lyrics dan and dunc and mick etc etc are shared with us anyway. and we know the true meaning of certain songs.
right, but I would not buy a book of poetry from them, I buy their music instead

Mariner said:
you should be polite, tho not telling bollox to the guy. just say that you dont like the poem.
see above

Yeah, even the best lyrics are limping men without music. Period.

I still think windie's poems are over-emotional, not something I like poetry for, but yeah, Susie, I thought of the same thing in the Sean Connery lyrics thread. :wave: