New member @ updates rant

dan of bereavement

shroud of bereavement
Jun 6, 2004
Amesbury mass
www.myspace.com
I have finally seen the new music come to fruition to an extent anyway. I have a good 25 minutes of finished demos, and we have began work on recording the first track to the new album. Things are going a bit rough but overall, I think this will be our best music to date. I really worked had on composition, however un ambitious I have been. It's taken a year, but I think it will be well worth the wait. I have also been working on the shell of another 3 or 4 songs that should fill out to a full albums worth of music, again, going slow, but much growth withing the compositions.

We finally have a new drummer and second guitarist that are committed and ready to do this shit for the long run, and it feels good to know that. As much as it saddens me to loose Dan Clarke, as he is one of the origional members who has been with the band through the ups and downs, and as much as I admire him and appreciate all that he has done for the band, we have to look forward. We found a younger guy with lots of fire to step up and carry the torch for Dan. I wish Dan C, the best of luck in his future endevors, we will miss you.

The new drummer Aaron Chase, from Maine is expected to be in the studio on our next song and playing live in all his fury, and I truly look forward to playing again.

Our new guitarist Ari Goldberger a graduate of Berkely and ex member of such bands as Requia, Recently Vacated Graves, and Summoning Hate has been amazing thus far, showing the most promise that I have seen in this band at this position. His ability to learn is quite impressive, and for olny playing with the band now for 3 practices, he already has 3 songs down with a 4th on the way.

I must say I am excited and relieved to finally be a whole "working" band again. This has brought me into some serious depression and some how, I feel like I just concoured the world! I was very scared of the idea of not being able to play live again, as it is probably one of the most satisfying things in my life. Thanks to the newest members of Shroud Of Bereavement.

The new album "A Beautiful Winter" on the way!!!!!!!

We are getting close to having the first song done, and when that time comes, we will be sending the promo off to labels in search of a new home. Any interested parties, please contact us.

Oops, yeah, umm, I lay brick for a living lol.

Here's the official press release with the mispelling, ooops again

Hails to all,

Shroud Of Bereavement have finally seen the new music come to fruition, and have a good 25 minutes of finished pre production demos ready, and have began work on recording the first track to the new album. We entered 6 Media group in Haverhill Mass at the beginning of June. www.6mediagroup.com Overall, I think this will be our best music to date as we have really worked had on composition. It's taken a year, but I think it will be well worth the wait. We have also been working on the shell of another 3 or 4 songs that should fill out to a full albums worth of music, again, going slow, but much growth withing the compositions. As usual, there will be full violin/cello sections, acoustic guitars with the addition of a full chourus, french horn, sax, timpony and other non traditional instruments. The music seems to have more angst and more emotion overall with heavier guitars. We are looking to finish in the studio by Fall 08' and have the album soon there after.

SOB finally have a new drummer and second guitarist that are committed and ready to go for long run, The new drummer Aaron Chase, from Maine is expected to be in the studio on our next song and playing live in all his fury, and we truly look forward to our live playing again.
Our new guitarist Ari Goldberger a graduate of Berkely and ex member of such bands as Requia, Recently Vacated Graves, and Summoning Hate has been amazing thus far, showing the most promise that we have seen in this band at this position. His ability to learn is quite impressive to say the least.

The new album "A Beautiful Winter" is on the way!!!!!!!

We are getting close to having the first song done, and when that time comes, we will be sending the promo off to labels in search of a new home. Any interested parties, please contact us.

Also, there is a new website on the way and an updated myspace page as well.

We will be making new shirt designs for the "Alone Beside Her" record as well, so please keep an eye out for them.

-Dan

Ohh speaking of mis spellings, Katie spelled Aaron Chase as Aaron Chafe lol, ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Ohh and welcome Aari to the fold everyone, wait there are olny three people that post here anymore lol.

That said, Aari, you have to post more as will I. Maybe we can get this place hopping again.

That's what happens when an 8 member band goes down to 4 and only 1 use the internet. Now if we can get you, Aaron, Katie and I to post we will be just crazy over here!

Ha ha ha, I doubt that one. She was thinking about something long, but that wasn't it lol.

Figures you'd come up with that! As Robin says to me when I come up with shit like that: "Go to church!" HAHAHAHA, welcome to the shroud fold Ari and Aaron. Best of luck to you guys and I'm sure I'll run into you down the road. Better be at At The Gates show July 11th!

Figures you'd come up with that! As Robin says to me when I come up with shit like that: "Go to church!" HAHAHAHA, welcome to the shroud fold Ari and Aaron. Best of luck to you guys and I'm sure I'll run into you down the road. Better be at At The Gates show July 11th!

if i go to any concert at all on July 11, it'll be the BSO playing Mahler's 2nd Symphony at Tanglewood....but i don't think i can afford that one. you're the 3rd person i've told that to in as many days :lol:

shit, you guys are active again.

does this mean i have to come out of semi-retirement and start making fun of everybody w/the photoshops again????

Hey there Aari. My name is Kleo. I'm the Proofreader of Bereavement. As you might have gathered, I am currently on the inactive roster of the band.

xoxoxo
-k-

Actually, I was going for some cheap irony. The "proofreader" gets a name wrong! OMG! LOLZ!

Honestly... I'm probably perma-inactive by virtue of my name recollection skills alone. I was calling Mike Paul until sometime last month.

Last night's session went so well, I think I may have a boner! Aari stepped the fuck up, we got a great sound and most importantly we got about 99% of the git fiddles done.

I must say, this song is sounding 100% better than anything we have ever done, and it's not even done yet.

I can't wait to hear the finished version.

So: what we have left
2 hours of acoustic guitars and edits
Violins/cellos
female vocals
Male clean and deathmetal vocals
Mix and Mastering.

I'm psyched. It sounds like Shroud's poised to conquer all Doom-dom. Sure, you're missing a few rainstorms but you've cut off the limb that pulled me aside at multiple shows to swear me to secrecy regarding exactly how and on what they were wasted, upgraded another, and found what sounds like as good a replacement as can be hoped for with the other.

if i go to any concert at all on July 11, it'll be the BSO playing Mahler's 2nd Symphony at Tanglewood....but i don't think i can afford that one. you're the 3rd person i've told that to in as many days :lol:

Bah, if you've seen ATG then that's cool. If not, GO! Should be a killer show anyways. I left Dan a voicemail yesterday but don't know if he got it due to his freaking inbox being FULL again...answer and clean out your messages! HAHAHA....

Bah, if you've seen ATG then that's cool. If not, GO! Should be a killer show anyways.

i haven't seen them, but i really don't like much from them other than Slaughter of the Soul.

besides, it's really not worth it to me to spend $30 for a ticket, plus $20 for gas, $20 for parking, however much tolls cost to get there via I-90 from Boston, to go to a show i don't care that much about at a venue that i don't like very much, when i'm a bit short on cash :p