Updates

ebass

Bottom Line
Sep 17, 2002
Nor Cal
enchant.nu
Hello Everyone

We have been really hard at work these days preparing to record soon and aranging and working things out with the new music. It is going really well and sounding great. There are already at least four that play constantly in my head :p

Bill is doing a great job and has been working with us as well, how nice it is to be a five piece again!!!!!!!!

No live dates as of yet but I am sure we will be doing something here in California in the Bay Area as soon as possible! And this year should finally bring us back out on the road! Hoefully here in the states and across the pond.

We begin recording next Month and hope to have this one done by May.

Just wanted to check in and say hello and give you all some info on what we are up too.

Wonderful! ANYTIME you want to try out some new stuff, we're out here in the EastBay--just name the date and place! I do hope you'll be playing some gigs in all-ages venues. My daughter (14) wants to hear you guys live, too. Glad I'm not the only one who has Enchant playing constantly in her head :s
~Kristin~~viadragon

Ed, sounds great. :D Do you think we will see Enchant #7 by the end of the year? I guess it does depend on when IO wants to release it.

Please keep us up to date on whats going on in the Ottotorium, if you can. And tell the other blokes in band to check in, and say hi.

Post Cali dates as soon as possible. I can't promise I'll be able to make it out (cash always cash), but ya never know. I will be there if there are East Coast shows. Maybe we should organize a festival unlike Nearfest, and invite bands that don't rehash 70s mellotron prog. You guys, ACT, maybe Planet X, IQ/Jadis, possibly get Saga to finally play a USA date. I know it is a HUGE WISH, but there isnt a festival that caters toward the melodic new (dreading using this word) prog. Enchant really didn't fit the Nearfest profile nor Prog Power. The other bands mentioned don't either, so maybe there is a niche festival that would be perfect. It does need great organizers like Rob and Chad (the reason for the Nearfest success), which are hard to find. I probably don't have the time to devote, but would definitely help out a lot if someone would take the bull by the horns. Something like that tour fund that Marillion did would possibly work, but Marillion has a lot bigger following. I guess I don't really know all of Enchant fan's taste. Many of you like ProgMetal, but do you like/or heard of ACT or IQ? Finding the correct mix of bands is key. Any thoughts??

The tragedy at the Great White show is horrible. :cry: Hopefully no one here is directly affected, although are thoughts are with the victims.

Take care,
Jim

jjmannford said:
Ed, sounds great. :D Do you think we will see Enchant #7 by the end of the year? I guess it does depend on when IO wants to release it.

Please keep us up to date on whats going on in the Ottotorium, if you can. And tell the other blokes in band to check in, and say hi.

Post Cali dates as soon as possible. I can't promise I'll be able to make it out (cash always cash), but ya never know. I will be there if there are East Coast shows. Maybe we should organize a festival unlike Nearfest, and invite bands that don't rehash 70s mellotron prog. You guys, ACT, maybe Planet X, IQ/Jadis, possibly get Saga to finally play a USA date. I know it is a HUGE WISH, but there isnt a festival that caters toward the melodic new (dreading using this word) prog. Enchant really didn't fit the Nearfest profile nor Prog Power. The other bands mentioned don't either, so maybe there is a niche festival that would be perfect. It does need great organizers like Rob and Chad (the reason for the Nearfest success), which are hard to find. I probably don't have the time to devote, but would definitely help out a lot if someone would take the bull by the horns. Something like that tour fund that Marillion did would possibly work, but Marillion has a lot bigger following. I guess I don't really know all of Enchant fan's taste. Many of you like ProgMetal, but do you like/or heard of ACT or IQ? Finding the correct mix of bands is key. Any thoughts??

The tragedy at the Great White show is horrible. :cry: Hopefully no one here is directly affected, although are thoughts are with the victims.

Take care,
Jim

Hey Jim

As always your ideas rock!

First off we are about 75% done writing this one. Things are going very well at the NEW Ottotorium. Doug is writing amazing stuff as always and Ted and Myself have actually been working on a few with him! Are new man has great ideas as well. So things are rolling right along. We should be recording # 7 in April / May

And we do plan on having this out soon! So I would say yes it will make it out this year if all rolls smooth! Hmmmm imagine that happening? And we are chomping at the bit to get OUT AND PLAY! here at home! ( We hope to have a giant CD relelease party in the Bay Area, and hopefully get out in the states? ACT has actually contacted us :D and all of those bands you mentioned would be great! If we can make it happen! OK someone take the bull by the balls and go :D

Also Europe is big on the list! We are hoping to be over in September once again if all goes well! Right now it is getting this baby done! So far I am just thrilled as are the others with the progress and how it is coming togather! And it will be differant ?????
:devil::Shedevil::saint: :cool:
Definatly heavier? and thats all you get ther OK ? if I tell anymore they will have to kill me! :)

Shoot me an e-mail and let me know how things are going your way ok.

I will keep the updates coming and we are hoping to do another chat soon! with all of us!

Ed

Definately heavier? Even heavier than Blink of an Eye? oh my! I think I will really dig this! Thanks for the update, Ed! I can't wait to hear the new album. You certainly have some momentum coming off the awesome "Blink of an Eye"... which is just such a fresh and invigorating record! I hope to see you live this year too!

No commercials or pauses. Thats right, one big song that I can cruise too while driving down the road.

After 70 minutes and the music stops I want to suddenly realize I missed my exit 45 minutes ago.

Frank

ebass said:
ACT has actually contacted us :D and all of those bands you mentioned would be great! If we can make it happen! OK someone take the bull by the balls and go :D

Ed

Ed, I hope you didn't mind, but I'm friends with ACT's management and we were talking about them playing with Enchant, and I told him that I talk to you via email once in a while and could get him your address (not like it's hidden or anything).

Actually we were talking about the Saga tribute album (hint hint) which ACT has already recorded Mouse in a Maze for, one of our acts on ProgRock Records, Chain, in cooperation with myself just finished our version of Hot to Cold, it is in rotation on ProgRock.com now, and I think it is very cool.

I'm still hoping we can get Enchant on the album.

Best,
shawn Gordon

Shawn

I, we dont mind at all and are totally apprecitive of your efforts and help my friend. And my e-mail is not hidden at all :)

Here is where we are at? Doug will be out of the country for a few weeks and when he returns we are in full on pre-production mode, and then we start recording. Thats going to be most of April and May right there. After that we can hopefully do some other things! I am sure we will start planning tours and shows etc. Right now we are working hard to make this one the best it can be! Like always!

We still have a full plate at the moment before taking on another project. It sounds like a great idea and like it will be very cool. SAGA is incredible and one of my favorite bands.

Ed

ebass said:
Hey Jim

Also Europe is big on the list! We are hoping to be over in September once again if all goes well! Right now it is getting this baby done! So far I am just thrilled as are the others with the progress and how it is coming togather! And it will be differant ?????
:devil::Shedevil::saint: :cool:
Definatly heavier? and thats all you get ther OK ? if I tell anymore they will have to kill me! :)

Ed

Great news! I discovered your awesome music only 6 months ago and I have bought all your albums since then! I can't describe what it really is that makes me feel so good listening to them. But if you're going to do a show in Europe I'll definitely try to be there. I'll keep looking out for the new album although I gotta say I still enjoy the last 6 albums tremendously. So take your time to turn this new baby into yet another precious little diamond. :)

Wouter (Dutch fan)

Well I wish I knew if we were going to be able to make it back that way this year? We did make it to New Jersey last year?

I think we do have some fans back your way but how many? We will have to see I guess? It all depends on how this one does in sales and who we might go out with? Where are you at back there.

Sorry I don,t know what the chances are? probably not bad? We are doing much better in the US now. I hope we do get to that part of the states soon!

Also your not too blunt, I have been told I am very blunt :)

I feel for you brother, not sure how you deal with that weather alone?

Well you may have to drive a bit my friend. Like Pa or NY????? or NJ????

My father is in Pa it is damn cold!

So how is it you like the Utah Jazz living all the way up there?

Ed,

I don't mind driving. I saw Rush 26 times this past tour, and traveled all over the country...However, we DO have venues closer to us than Pa, or NY, or even NJ.

http://tweetercenter.com/boston/
http://www.fleetcenter.com/

In regards to the Utah Jazz thing....I've always been a fan of short, white, scrappy point guards: Danny Ainge, Steve Nash, Scott Skiles, John Stockton....etc. I'm 5'5", and can SORT OF relate to their vertically challenged existence... :D

Also, I've found this neat little program that's enabled me to copy your NearFest2002 show onto CDR....I've been listening to it NONSTOP!!!!

http://www.magicsofts.com/index.php

Thanks for replying...and tell Ted to get off his butt and converse with us.... :devil:

GO DUKE!!!!!!

take care,
Sean

Sean

Thanks for that link. Very much. I am going to try it!

Hey sounds like your a point guard, I am the enforcer type! :) A scrappy one! I had to quit playing because I keep breaking things! :) although I will never give up the Baseball and Softball.

I saw Stockton at a Warriors game last year second row :) he is awesome. And tough!

Hey I think we are a ways from the fleet center my friend! But trying to get to that level!

I will be seeing all the guys this week Doug is in Ireland right now though. I will get them all in here! I think we need to arrange another chat soon on seismic! We are right in the think of preparing for #7 so you can see how busy it is.

Thanks Again

Ed

StocktontoMalone said:
Ed,

In regards to the Utah Jazz thing....I've always been a fan of short, white, scrappy point guards: Danny Ainge, Steve Nash, Scott Skiles, John Stockton....etc. I'm 5'5", and can SORT OF relate to their vertically challenged existence... /forum/images/smilies/supergrin.gif

Sean
Wow! That's pretty odd... I've never heard of a Utah Jazz fan outside of Utah! I actually did some work at Malone's house a few years back...the dude has 10 ft. doors and a nice water slide in the back yard!/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif

The irony is... your screen name is also the name of Malone and Stocktons auto dealership... courtesy of Mr. Larry Miller /forum/images/smilies/supergrin.gif

\m/
Dustin