New Metallica album to be good?

although St. Anger was a real disappointment, I still hope for a-back-to-the-roots album or something... is there a due time?

i heard one of the new songs live on xm radio, and man it sucked hard. it was about 8 minutes long and it was soooooo fucking boring. i mean, i was thinking positive while hearing it, and it could not keep my attention. it sounded like a longer version of a st. anger song. definetly no roots of old metallica were felt. sorry guys. maybe the other songs will be different.:mad:

oh, and james announced that they havent even named the song yet.

The song I heard was about 8 minutes and was from almost 2 years ago, but it wasn't "st anger part 2" really. It was like St Anger if they had some actually fast riffs and actual (extended even!) guitar solos. Basically, it was the album st anger should have been so they could have evolved to something legitimately good again on this album, but hey I'll take the delay :p My guess is it will be much better than St Anger but still not particularly good.

The new songs as Lothlorien heard them, as stated by Robert Trujillo, will not be on the album. And I fail to see how the first new song sounds like a continuation of St. Anger, it has some truly awesome parts in it. The intro was great and the second part of the solo and the guitar bridge part after it were awesome.

i just don't understand how the same people that are making these terrible songs made the first metallica albums. obviously they had a sense of quality in them, what happened to it? or more likely, what were they smoking during the first albums?

I was a huge fan of metallica....WAS....St. Anger was a freakin disspointment...!!!!.....i hate it.....ididots......and eyah tey were all like....well it still debuted at #1....well fuck.....britney spears adn Bsb also debuted at #1....that doenst say much now does it.......I honestly donto heva any expectations for teh new record....if its good...ill maybe.....buy it...not a 'tallica head anymore.....PEAC EOUT