new metallica album

Deadline

Aug 30, 2006
Costa Rica
whats you oppinion about this new album coming out soon? i actually have the demo and it sounds like old metallica it sounds like master of puppets with a heavier guitar but hetfield voice seems to be like before so i have high hopes with death magnetic

If I had an album and paid someone a million dollars to tell me how to play like I used to it would sound great too.I couldn't care less they turned their backs on metal and by extention metalheads.At a time when grunge was picking up they could have easily come out and destroyed it, instead they answered with until it sleeps.I wish they would sleep.

the thing with metallica is they don't believe in constant trend or wibe. it's always this hire -fire metal band attitude which doesn't reallly prove a thing.
in brief they suck man . whole lotta respect for lars but jame's is A compleTE ass-whole. no offence man.! cheers

only heard Cyanide and brief clips from others i will reserve my judgement untill i have the Album, but calling it deth magnetic!! bad choice

Metallica have a lot to live up too since the pile of pants that was St Anger and i do hope my faith is restored in them

i WILL NOT be buying this. i was gullable when i bought St. Anger without reading a review. St. Anger would've been good if they cut out the 10 minute songs that have the same riff/vocal line over and over and over. Also, WTF is up with them making an Unforgiven III????? Are they so lost that they can't come up with anything better? I want the old Metallica back, but it'll never happen.

Unforgiven 3? Hahaha if he wasn't forgiven the 1st 2 times why would he be forgiven the 3rd?! whiner! They need to let it die already,I don't care if this is their best album yet.They are traitors.And watching some kind of monster..It seems they are rich miserable babies as well.

Personally I think Metallica's music fails to sound honest these days. I really appreciate some stuff from "Load" and even "Reload", but "St. Anger" is the worst thing they could come up with. I think the new one will be better, but still not good enough to please those who lost their faith in the band.

That being said, I strongly hope Metallica takes Testament on their tour. That would rule!

hmm..Testament and Metallica?
don't know if this is a good idea!! :erk:

I mean doesn't fit together: a mtv-band and a
bay area underground-thrash band that never gave up their ideals?? :loco:

I was only thinking about the size of the crowd Testament would be exposed to (and would convert into fans, I'm sure) plus perhaps a therapeutic impact they'd have on Metallica :D

I think the last four albums belong in the toilet,They won't have Testament for the same reason they wouldn't have Flotsam and Jetsam.
They get off on saying how good they are live and they don't want to be shown up.I think anyone who knows old Metallica knows Testament anyway.And the people who really like the load style wont like Testament anyway because they don't like real metal in the first place. Those albums only serve to let old people and posers say they like metal because they are into Metallica.
p.s. old being a relative term I'm 33 haha

It's sooooo easy to hate on Metallica and to be negative...and I know the haters will never stop no matter what the band does, so I won't validate the negative comments with a direct response.

I will offer my opinion. Metallica's first 4 albums were unreal - some of the best music ever....period. Unbelievably & undeniably influential. Some of the most heard music in history - and it was thrash metal. Got me playing guitar 15 years ago. Life changing sh*t. I could hate on their new stuff - I definitely think it's weaker than their old. But no one is perfect. I'm certainly not going to hold it against them like so many others do. I know not to expect another album like Master of Puppets from them ever again. Disappointing? Yes. But deal with it.

Hopefully having Rob in the band & getting through their lame therapy sessions will be the shot in the arm they needed. Get these guys back to kicking ass again.

The album cover is unreal. Some weird vag looking thing - are they serious with that? Hopefully the music will be better. A tour with Testament would be awesome. Testament's musicianship would make Metallica either step up their game or risk looking like hacks. I hope it would bring out the best in two of the best metal bands this tiny planet has ever seen. Respect.