new metallica album

Personally I think Metallica's music fails to sound honest these days. I really appreciate some stuff from "Load" and even "Reload", but "St. Anger" is the worst thing they could come up with. I think the new one will be better, but still not good enough to please those who lost their faith in the band.

That being said, I strongly hope Metallica takes Testament on their tour. That would rule!

I read in an interview with Chuck that he and James Hetfield have contact (not that much) and Chuck keeps asking him when they're gonna arrange a tour with Testament as their support act.

Wouldnt be a very dumb idea...most metallicafans like the ride the lightning/master of puppets-era best, so testament will suit em perfectly.

So no one here have heard "My Apocalypse"???? wtf!...this song is amazing, faster than most songs from ...And justice for all (if you don't like this song at all you dont like thrash)
it's not master of puppets but it's Metallica!
and TDTNC is also pretty good, not far from "One"...
So I suggest all of you to check these two songs out, and Death magnetic (of course i prefer Testament nowadays, but 80's metallica will be some of the best music ever recorded)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I listened without prejudice.I have to say in all seriousness...I'm truly not impressed..at all.Just not that great.And my hunch seems realized,Kirk has played half assed for so long he sucks now , not that he was that great in the first place.Good sense of melody( when Hetfield tells him what to play) but technically not that great.I love old Metallica although I have a hard time listening to it anymore.That's what makes their selling out so maddening.It wasn't necessary they were already the biggest band out there, the old stuff is so good and the newer shit is not only not good but it is'nt even metal.Maybe St anger is metal but it still sucks.I didn't set out to hate Metallica they made me hate them...I love thrash just not bad thrash.

So no one here have heard "My Apocalypse"???? wtf!...this song is amazing, faster than most songs from ...And justice for all (if you don't like this song at all you dont like thrash)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxrhY1Iyrnc it's not master of puppets but it's Metallica!
and TDTNC is also pretty good, not far from "One"...
So I suggest all of you to check these two songs out, and Death magnetic (of course i prefer Testament nowadays, but 80's metallica will be some of the best music ever recorded)

Faster than most of And Justice For All? :lol: no. Ive listened to it and I'll give you my evaluation.

If Thrash was written in what I think is a Major Key, have crap for vocalwork. Then It would sound alot like My Apocalypse. It's Thrash, That 1 song is actually Thrash. But good thrash it is not.

And to compare TDTNC to One or any of the classic Metallica 'ballads' that start off on the same note cannot be done. I like the Intro but once again the vocals kill it for me.

But you are right about the olde 80's Metallica. But Id say while it sounded very classical and anthemic, Testament took that classical feel and put the Darkness that Slayer wanted to reach together.
Id be hard pressed to decide if I like The Legacy more than AJFA or RtL

Faster than most of And Justice For All? :lol: no. Ive listened to it and I'll give you my evaluation.

Well I still think that My Apocalypse is faster than all AJFA except for Dyers Eve and maybe Blackened. (not saying its better!!!)

I like The Legacy more than AJFA and RtL, although the sound is kinda crappy for the Lagacy and Justice...:headbang:

The new metallica album is getting pretty good reviews and i still think it's going to be their best album since ...justice...

"Victims falling under chains
you hear them crying dying pains
the fist of terrors breaking through
now there's nothing you can do"

"Hear the cry of war
louder than before
with his sword in hand
to control the land
crushing metal strikes again
on this frightening night
fall onto your knees
bow before the Metallica Lord"

Does anyone else have an issue w/ Jaymz' vocals these days? It's like he can't decide if he wants to sing like the Black Album or get gritty like the old days. But it doesn't sound like the old days, it sounds like St. Anger vox. I don't know how I feel about the songs yet...but the vox aren't doing it for me right now.

Metallica has sucked for twenty years. The end. The only good Metallica songs whatsoever had Burton's and Mustaine's names included in the credits. Why people still discuss this band is beyond me. They should change their name and remove the "metal" part from it. I saw them back in the day and refuse to see them now. Testament blows them away. On a side note, if you like the old thrash sound with fast, short, to the point songs with a hint of punk influence, mixed in with a hint of Possessed, check out Merciless Death. Their new one is "Realm Of Terror". Short album, but well worth a listen. They also have an ep titled "Evil In The Night".

Metallica has sucked for twenty years. The end. The only good Metallica songs whatsoever had Burton's and Mustaine's names included in the credits. Why people still discuss this band is beyond me. They should change their name and remove the "metal" part from it. I saw them back in the day and refuse to see them now. Testament blows them away. On a side note, if you like the old thrash sound with fast, short, to the point songs with a hint of punk influence, mixed in with a hint of Possessed, check out Merciless Death. Their new one is "Realm Of Terror". Short album, but well worth a listen. They also have an ep titled "Evil In The Night".

Bravo! I have been pulling my punches for some reason.
Metallica fuckin sucks end of story:)

Does anyone else have an issue w/ Jaymz' vocals these days? It's like he can't decide if he wants to sing like the Black Album or get gritty like the old days. But it doesn't sound like the old days, it sounds like St. Anger vox. I don't know how I feel about the songs yet...but the vox aren't doing it for me right now.

Yup, Hetfields voice is laughable.It's not that he can't decide it's that he can't help but let his gay lameness shine thru...Don't use.. it you lose it.That goes for the entire band except Rob.

Death Magnetic > The Formation of Retardation.

:guh: lame. The Formation of Damnation had great songs. In fact I don't think I can find myself disliking any of it.
Death Magnetic on the otherhand. Might have maybe 1 or 2 songs that don't suck as bad as the rest.

That and Chuck Billy's voice is 100X better both studio and live, while James still sounds like a country singer trying to sound like the James who knew how to write some good thrash back in the day.