new metallica album

Yup I'm 5..Don't get mad at me just because you like a shitty band. Carefull about hearing leaked Soldoutica they might sue you :lol:

OK 5:erk:, That explains why you didn't know metallica have done some of the best music ever recorded (RTL, MOP)...without Metallica Testament maybe wouldn't be the testament we love...

It's sad that their New album Death Magnetic leaked...I hope they will sell some records even though they sold out 17 years ago ...but now they are (almost) Back!:headbang:
Faster then Justice (I still think so) and more thrash and heavier then everything since Justice... It's not a perfect album but still really good, Hetfield sounds pretty good, not much country in there...

For all you who gave up metallica after Black album you should at least take a listen to DM...

OK 5:erk:, That explains why you didn't know metallica have done some of the best music ever recorded (RTL, MOP)...without Metallica Testament maybe wouldn't be the testament we love...

It's sad that their New album Death Magnetic leaked...I hope they will sell some records even though they sold out 17 years ago ...but now they are (almost) Back!:headbang:
Faster then Justice (I still think so) and more thrash and heavier then everything since Justice... It's not a perfect album but still really good, Hetfield sounds pretty good, not much country in there...

For all you who gave up metallica after Black album you should at least take a listen to DM...

Are you serious??

They will sell fuck loads. BTW I'm a big Testament fan and have to say Death Magnetic is on par with The Formation of Damnation.

I never said anything about old metallica.Hetfields voice sounds like dog shit.Every song I have heard sounds like a band going thru the motions.Almost back?Who even cares once a sell out always a sell out.

I think this album is awesome. Sounds pretty fresh an new for Metallica while having that signature sound from all of the albums, kinda weird but cool. Once you hear the whole album it doesn't come off forced either, it's just where they are now. More than what i was hoping for or expecting.

Yup I'm 5..Don't get mad at me just because you like a shitty band. Carefull about hearing leaked Soldoutica they might sue you :lol:

Oh no, I'm not mad because you have the mental capacity of a pre-pubescent girl with down's syndrome....too stupid to even solve blue's clues without mommy there to help. No, more like amussed and entertained, but definitely not mad :lol:

I didn't think much of the previewed tracks before. But after having given the whole leak a few listens......absolutely loving it right now!

As like many others, I had absolutely no expectations whatsoever for this upcoming release, and maybe that's what I oughta do with every release from now on if the outcome's good?

People oughta stop whining that they're not being fed a MOP2 or some other old school clone. Neither is it in the lines of Load or even St. Anger for that matter, it's a complete new Metallica album. With a new sound.

James seems totally on fire. The riffage is the absolute highlight above anything. The vocals seem to be somewhat more high pitched, which seems to suit the raw material quite well. I do wish he'd drop the country style a little more, in some tracks it just doesn't fit at all.

Robert has added alot of dynamics, the bass sound is massively audible and seems to flow excellent through all the songs. And if that doesn't convince you i'd strongly recommend you check this youtube clip of him suggesting some excellent riffage to James. Look at Kirk's face!

Speaking of Kirk, I think it's great that we've finally got some melody back. However, most of the solos feel rather forced, and uninspired with no real structure in comparison to the brilliant shit he came up with 20 years ago. It's a pity that such a great guitarist has lost most of his lust and hunger to a fucking wah-wah pedal.

And then on to the greatest diva of them all: Lars
One big recycle of left over drumbeats from throughout Metallicas career.
Ulrich is mostly known for a sloppy live performance of their material on stage. A bit of a 'loose' way of drumming, which was acceptable to listen to maybe 15 years ago, but to this day I do not want to hear it....and especially not on a fucking studio effort! There I expect a more tight performance. A good example can be heard in The Unforgiven III. The annoying audible change of rhythm on the high-hat, the sloppy skin work. Just...meh. How in the HELL is he even gonna try to pull this fast stuff off live when we can't even hear/see him do tracks such as AJFA without falling off his stool out of breathe afterwards like an overdosed hobbit?

That all being said. Metallica sure have surprised me with, in a complete positive sense. Lets hope the next one won't contain a bunch of left over riffs, but that they may continue to write new and improved tracks.

Favorite tracks:

That was just your life
Great opener, fantastic intro and most of all my favorite track on the album. Fast, raw and some great fucking vocals.

All nightmare long
Again, one of the faster tracks, but that's what Metallica have always been best at IMO.

The Unforgiven III
Even though it sounds somewhat cheesy using the same concept for a third time, this track is a grower. James' vocals sound great.

My Apocalypse
Already been previewed a few before the leak, an instant fav. Again, for it being a fast, nasty, raw piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
The saddest thing about the Metallica album is that we'll soon have more posts about it on the Testament forum than we had about the new brilliant Testament album:rolleyes:

I guess everybody's happy they finally recorded something that much better than shit. There are some annoying moments on it, but it finally doesn't feel too forced and is a huge step forward from St. Anger.

Metallica recorded a really good, straightforward album. Far from great, but with all the hype we'll soon hear it's better than "Ride the lightning" or "Formation of damnation".:lol:

Oh no, I'm not mad because you have the mental capacity of a pre-pubescent girl with down's syndrome....too stupid to even solve blue's clues without mommy there to help. No, more like amussed and entertained, but definitely not mad :lol:

Fighting online is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.:rolleyes:

Fighting online is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.:rolleyes:

I agree.I'm done here.I've given my opinion about music others have given theirs.I respect that
I have no interest in much else.I will defend myself if I have to.But I would rather move on back to Testament thats why I'm here.:headbang:

I'm being made fun of? Your the one taking this personally.I have better things to do than trade barbs with someone who can't except anothers opinion without insults.

See, this is exactly what I mean. Not only are yu exhibiting behavior equal to that of a pre-pubescent child, as stated earlier, but now you are displaying an equal lack of intellect. Taking what personally....on an internet message board? Seriously? I made a small comment about something stupid you said and YOU were the one that blew up about it. You're being laughed at and made fun of BECAUSE you are taking things personally.

Jeez, learn to read. Maybe if your mom starts saving now, she can afford to buy you hooked on phonics before you reach middle school in 4 years

jus a couple of meatallica fanbois arguing over the net y'know

<-- IT'Z DAVE MUSTAINE, GET ANGRY FAGGOTS