New Metallica Song haha

That is sooooo unbelievable....

Once Metallica wrote the best Metal songs ever and now.....o_O?????

The Vocals are sooooo bad....so I have a theory:
Most people said that the vocals sucked on St.Anger. So I guess they want to pretend that the next album will sound like the new song....vocalwise...and when the real album is done it will have much better vocals. So they can say "Hahaha....we fooled you...we wont ever do such terrible vocals again!" (at least I hope so....)

Otherwise it doesn't make sense to play a new song live that is even not finished...and that sound so.....:puke:

wow that was boring. at least the bass fuckup made it interesting - and Rob is so laid back and cool about the whole thing.

ah well......

Its getting too easy to hate Metallica.....stuff like that does happen, I actually dig how the band recovered James and the band handled it well, seriously great, the tune wasnt bad either, I've not bought an album since the Black - sure its not "Enemy of God" but hey let em' be

I love Hammett's little 'demon stare' during the break at 1:09, my eight year old brother looks more evil than that (and he's a meter tall, blond, and missing teeth).

"I can't fuck up the words, because there are no words!"

Now we just have to not fuck up the music, and not fuck up writing the music, and we're set.

EDIT: Having watched the whole thing again...

Hammett's as sloppy as ever, Hetfield sounds like he should be wearing a wife beater and cowboy hat (last few moments - 'Hya-haw!' and 'Death is NAWT thei yend!'), the beard seriously needs a trim (looks like a bloody Tekken fighter) and I don't think I can recall a person whose mannerisms remind me more of a squirrel than him (I wish I could hear what was going on in his motor cortex during those first few moments - nervous quip, scratch face... LOOK TO LEFT AND STARE! NOW! THEY'VE FOUND THE NUTS!).

I'm not saying I don't like the guys - they're the closest thing to a Spinal Tap sequel we're getting anytime soon.

Jeff

damn, sounds exactly like a bunch of 15 year ols boys jamming and improvising in the rehearsalroom.
they can't make a song out of stuff like that and call it metallica.
plus lars is the drummer with the worst timing ever.

i used to love'em
the first 3-4 cds still belong to my alltime favs.
it's hard to believe they wrote the songs.
it sounds as though they ran completely out of riffs'/ideas

JBroll said:
I love Hammett's little 'demon stare' during the break at 1:09, my eight year old brother looks more evil than that (and he's a meter tall, blond, and missing teeth).

"I can't fuck up the words, because there are no words!"

Now we just have to not fuck up the music, and not fuck up writing the music, and we're set.

EDIT: Having watched the whole thing again...

Hammett's as sloppy as ever, Hetfield sounds like he should be wearing a wife beater and cowboy hat (last few moments - 'Hya-haw!' and 'Death is NAWT thei yend!'), the beard seriously needs a trim (looks like a bloody Tekken fighter) and I don't think I can recall a person whose mannerisms remind me more of a squirrel than him (I wish I could hear what was going on in his motor cortex during those first few moments - nervous quip, scratch face... LOOK TO LEFT AND STARE! NOW! THEY'VE FOUND THE NUTS!).

I'm not saying I don't like the guys - they're the closest thing to a Spinal Tap sequel we're getting anytime soon.

Jeff
now youre just nitpicking.

It's better than St. Anger I guess, but that's where the positiveness ends. The solo was exceptionally sloppy and James shouldn't try to do vocals that he isn't supposed to do, I hated his screaming/yelling parts on St. Anger.

Wow this sucks. Boring and badly composed song, bad vocals, boring and crappy drumming :puke:
I didn't think it would ever come to this, but I have to admit I even like some of the St. Anger stuff better than this.

I will add blasphemy to this thread by saying that I've never liked Metallica. I don't own any of their albums. Same with Slayer (whose new stuff leaves me equally underwhelmed, in spite of Dave Lombardo's always-incredible drumming.)

Seriously.