New METALLICA sounds like MESHUGGAH!

I think not i got it the day of release :p :lol: beat that smarty pants :p....and Wolverine Blues is Good ya gotta ge To ride...and Same Diff....again i say these 2 are poles apart but that is what make Same Diff...soo bloody good IMO, so go buy ya bastard :D

Yeah, you'd hate them. Like Anders Friden from In Flames - no clean bits at all. BRILLIANT album, though, I can't believe how good it is because I wasn't that keen on the other two DT albums I have, "The Mind's I" and "Projector". Must dig em out again, methinks.

Hey, I still don't use "Digimortal" as a coaster in case you somehow persuade me into thinking it's a great album, so the least you could do is to buy an album I recommend! :mad:

Im going to buy that Nocturnal Rites album you recommended! (Probably anyway, depends how much I end up spending!) and im getting the Def Leppard one too, even though I would have bought that anyway, but I wasnt expecting much until you said it was great :headbang:

Bah! That's not what I meant! :mad:

Warning - Nocturnal Rites is power metally, and following our discussion last night I thought it would be best to let you know that. Not cheesy power metal though, not really.

One day Spawny, one day you will learn to appreciate the other sorts of singing. Then you will be reborn :D And we shall rejoice.

Yes, you'll have a whole new lease on life. For years I swore like up and down that I would never listen to a band with deathy vocals, but I heard Opeth back in 1997 and managed to look past the voice and love the music. Then I got into a whole host of other bands and haven't looked back since!

Call me a boring old traditionalist if you like...

(Pause while everyone yells out "WRATHY's A BORING OLD TRADITIONALIST!) :lol:, but I don't see the point in death/doom/black/cookie monster vocals. Why bother to write lyrics if you're going to "sing" them in such a way that no-one can understand what you're on about? What are they trying to achieve?

I like the quieter, melodic bits in a good few Opeth songs that I've heard, but as soon as they start growling it's time to reach for the off button.

Let the inevitable slanging match begin :).

W