NEW METALLICA TUNE

Nitronium Blood said:

bobinthecorner.jpg

You figure out what happened here... ;)

006 said:
ROFL! ^^^

Seriously though, Bob is right. We were promised fucking shit like Meshuggah and damn Entombed for the St. Anger album...yeah way fucking off on that one.

~006

That's what was promised indeed.. by Lars himself.. :erk:

Genius Gone Insane said:
This one guitar live mix sounds better than St. Anger!

I think I saw from some recent studio pictures that, at least, het is using a krankenstein. Guitar tone sounds a lot heavier than it has in a while. Not as thin as it was starting to sound recently.

seriously, both meshuggah and entombed (even the glorified left hand path) do absolutely NOTHING for me. meshuggah are great musicians, i got to give them that, though. it's just that their music sucks :p

i enjoyed left hand path....wolverine blues is awesome!!

DEI by Meshuggah is great..was disappointed with chasoshere and everything after it....

They don't have to do anything for you...that's not the point. The point was that they boasted about how St. Anger was going to sound like a mix of Meshuggah and Entombed (and something else, I forget) and yet, it sounds nothing like any of the influences they listed. That was the point.

And yes, Wolverine Blues rocked my socks off. I love everything Meshuggah does...mainly just because of those polyrhythms. :p

~006

006 said:
They don't have to do anything for you...that's not the point. The point was that they boasted about how St. Anger was going to sound like a mix of Meshuggah and Entombed (and something else, I forget) and yet, it sounds nothing like any of the influences they listed. That was the point.

actually there's no need for a "point" whatsover, i was just kidding anyways :lol:

LOLz, this sounds to me like "Well...um...let's just add some random riffs up until we've got a whole song of about ~8 minutes..."
Listened to it once now and I don't feel the need of giving it a second try! ;)

Can any of you make out, if the guitars are downtuned? I'd guess they are tuned to D, but I'm not sure and I'm definitely not going to try to play along...

Sounds like Load stuff. I just feel like, these guys should be operating at so much higher of a level by now, with all the tools at their disposal. Still better than anything on their last album though.

:cry: Doesn't anybody on the net have anything better to do than whine everytime someone mentions metallica? Lars said meshugga was an influnce, who's stupid enough to believe that Metallica's gonna write an album that sounds like a meshugga album? :Smokin: and did anyone evere see the vids about HQ? They were trying to make a "garage" sounding album with a gazillion-dollars worth of equipment. :Smokin:

When I heard the opening riff I thought I was listening to the TBA again. The rest sounds like a mix of latter day Metallica. Personally I don't care if they make a METAL album, I'm just hoping they make a DECENT album.

Oh, and does anyone have a feeling that Jamez hasn't written all the lyrics for the song yet :lol:

Kazrog said:
Sounds like Load stuff. I just feel like, these guys should be operating at so much higher of a level by now, with all the tools at their disposal. Still better than anything on their last album though.

well i just saw a video of kirk (trying to play) playing Master of Puppets. :|

The only thing i could think: You're a freaking guitar player for gawd knows how long, you guys wrote that song, you have a $1.000.000 of gear behind you, and you still sound like shit, unable to play that song...

Oguz286 said:
well i just saw a video of kirk (trying to play) playing Master of Puppets. :|

The only thing i could think: You're a freaking guitar player for gawd knows how long, you guys wrote that song, you have a $1.000.000 of gear behind you, and you still sound like shit, unable to play that song...

Yeah, they maybe can't play the song properly but they have the $$$. :heh:

Seems like the sneap forum slowly becomes another blabbermouth...??? Please not!:cry: