New misheard lyric

FUBAR

Sep 19, 2004
UK
Whenever I hear The line "They are Unaware" on the 'The Baying of the Hounds', It sounds very much like "Their Underwear"....ahh...Always gives me a chuckle

TBOTH - "Everybody you love is dead, Bernard"
Reverie/H. Forest - "Confession stuck in your mouth like a female's labia"

for old songs:
Master's Aprentices - "As Si was put to the test" .. makes me laugh because i have a friend called Si
The Moor - "Tampons burning in my eyes" ... My mate thought that was the line originally

Lethal01 said:
There's a misprint in the booklet. "I'm choking yet flourishing" is obviously supposed to be "..choking a virgin"

I must agree with that. On my first listen, before I looked at the lyrics I thought "Damn, that's evil. Awesome."

But I read the lyrics. It's still cool.

UnicronI said:
A Friend is convinced he heres the phrase 'deadly badgers' on the drapery falls

Yes! 'Deadly Badgers, made by brie'.

Also my name here is taken from a misheard Opeth lyric. In The Funeral Portrait where he says 'A liquid gown that covers all', it sounded to me like 'a liquid cow that governs all'.

Lethal01 said:
There's a misprint in the booklet. "I'm choking yet flourishing" is obviously supposed to be "..choking a virgin"
HAHA! Well, I'm glad to see that Iam not the only one.

Botfly said:
"Everyone you loved is a dead bird" - BotH
I thought that, too.

Also:
"You are the laughing stock, of the absent minded" is actually "of the absinthe minded." But, it means close to the samething anyhow. I will still use absent minded because that is a hell of a put down!

"Ghost of honor, lingering dead, Ghost of punishment" is actualy "Ghost of mother, lingering death, ghost of mother's bed"

I still laugh when I think of some of the stuff I came up with. You'd think after hearing all of Opeth's albums I'd be able to recognize Mikaels lyrics, but it just didn't work that way.

i don't want to sound like a twat but Deadly Badgers is old news lol. Liquid cow rules lol. Everyone you love it a dead bird made me laugh .. but i like the idea of Opeth paying homage to a shite kids TV programme .. that makes me laugh even more lol.

"..Ghost of butter.. Lingering dairy.... Ghost on marvelous bread/bed..."

I was listening to Damnation last night and I had to drag this topic up again. In Windowpane when he says 'might be in need to talking', I always, always hear it as 'might be in need of Tolkein'. I don't even like Lord of the Rings...

liquidcow said:
I was listening to Damnation last night and I had to drag this topic up again. In Windowpane when he says 'might be in need to talking', I always, always hear it as 'might be in need of Tolkein'. I don't even like Lord of the Rings...

It's Tolkien.

lol those are funny, however the funniest two are in ghost of perdition.... and i think i found another in the baying of the hounds

in gop

"Draining their weiners!!" really "draining the/ir weakness"

"dedicated hunk!" (der) .. waits to pull us under"

and in baying the hounds.. i think i heard a part that sounds like

" his cell phone image, his tush" ..rofl