New Mix, critisizm please

where should i start? i brought all my faders to 0 then brought my kick to -18 db and mixed around it, is it the levels? EQ? the master chain has only a limiter on it to get it loud and multipressor

for starters; there is a mountain of truncation (digital distortion)... please tell me you hear that?

the guitars are really masked. i think there is some decent imaging with the guitars but there is almost none with the drums.

the bass sounds ok but i think the mix would benefit with some subtractive eq (lower mid range) - in the bass. i know this is a mix decision but the synth "thing" is far too present in the mix above the guitars (for my taste). there isn't much to go off of, besides the fact the whole mix is suffering from an overly emphasized low end.

i think if you start over and work purely on volume (signal level) decisions, you will benefit in the end over more discrete processing decisions.

the worst thing about everything i am saying right now is; i could be completely wrong. other people might actually like it and i have my head up my ass.

but we will just chalk this one up to good old fashion opinion. ;)

Whoa, as timislegend said, there's a lot of distortion and clipping. The rhythm guitars sound a bit dark and lifeless, need a noise gate and the leads are pretty nasally-sounding. The synth is way loud and fatiguing to listen to. The drums sound very digital and get buried easily, all except for that hi hat. The kick tends to make the mix pump on those double-beat parts.

have you ever listened to house vs hurricane? the synth sounds just like them.