New mix, had to polish a turd!

Sounds like the bass needs to be compressed more, it clicks at lot at the beginning of some measures.

It's compressed as fuck :err:
It still needs to be edited and automated and i might just remix the bass if i'm not happy or if it keeps clicking

Very nice man. I had no idea an impulse and a lot of EQing could resurrect a tone that much! If you still want some extra bite, I recommend BBE's sonic maximiser. Might help even more.

I can definitely hear the clicking in the bass. Can probably be reduced and hidden with a bit of EQ.

Otherwise, excellent mix man. Nice turd polishing. I really like the drum sound. :)

The clicking in the bass is most likely due to the signal (the waveform) being cut. If you have cut it yourself, make sure to make small (1-2ms is enough) fade-ins. If you have been provided with a long .wav file that sounds like that, you're pretty much screwed on that part.

The sounds comes from when the sound starts in the middle of a wavelength.

Cheers
Carl

The clicking in the bass is most likely due to the signal (the waveform) being cut. If you have cut it yourself, make sure to make small (1-2ms is enough) fade-ins. If you have been provided with a long .wav file that sounds like that, you're pretty much screwed on that part.

The sounds comes from when the sound starts in the middle of a wavelength.

Cheers
Carl

I'm gonna look into this, you might be right! Their bassist (who recorded this) might've done something wrong with fading... or me lol.

Anyway here's version 4:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8491997/DS-TM4-0.mp3

I added another cab impulse, thanks to Ryan (Catharsis), and the guitars sound perfect now.
Next thing is improving the bass and snare - which sounds plastic as fuck.
Finally I'm nearing completion instrumentally... FINALLY!

Yeah, I guess they sound okay. Try comparing the guitars EQ with some other mixes. I think you'll find you have too much 200-500hz.

Good luck.

Cheers
Carl.

Maybe, and normally i kick 500 out immediately as much as possible.
My KRK monitors boost waaaay too much mids and I haven't really treated my room (IT'S A DISGRACE I KNOW!) but that's mostly cause this house is rented and my parents don't really like me fucking up the walls (which treatment doesn't really do, but they're parents, y'know?).

Snare is pretty loud. Guitars could be louder in relation to the bass. It's obviously a major improvement over that initial P.O.S..
Still needs work though.

Snare is pretty loud. Guitars could be louder in relation to the bass. It's obviously a major improvement over that initial P.O.S..
Still needs work though.

Thanks man, and yeah... I'm gonna work on some other mixes that need to be done until they send me the vocal tracks. I'm done with this mix for this week lol. When the vocals are in I'll balance them a bit better and send them together with the bassdrops for mastering.