New mix im happy with, but need guidance on a couple things..

xClayman -31-

Sep 2, 2009
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9069518/final2.mp3

Im pretty happy with this mix for the most part. What im wondering though, is how my kick and snare got so buried that they are nearly nonexistant. I made space for EVERYTHING EQ wise (perhaps not enough?) The only compression done was about -4db of limiting. There was still minor pumping, which I would like to know how to somewhat get rid of, while still getting a loud/consistant mix. What could i do to unbury the snare and kick, besides mix them louder? (which were very loud to begin with)

Guitars are too thick compared to the drums. You definitely haven't limited/clipped your drums enough. Your drums should be punching through your mix, with your guitars sitting a bit below them. Start over with your drums and bass, and then get the guitars in there.

Well I was lookin at my Frequency analyzer and the guitars were lackign a shitton of lowend/lowmids so i added some. So i should just compress my snare and kick or do the whole kit?

Frequency analyzers are not your friend (yet). Use your EARS to see what works or doesn't work. Find a pair of speakers/phones you trust and know, mix on them, A/B to professional mixes.

Compress each drum individually. You'll want to compress and limit it. Killswitch Engage's drums don't have much dynamics. Worry about the sound first.