NEW MIX IN PROGRESS - NEED ADVICE

I get flashbacks from Doom(the game) when I hear this song! :D
Good mix and song! \o/

What is HM-2 please ?

I dig the drum sound.

The track has a kind of Morbid Angel/Behemoth vibe during some parts (the one that kicks at 0'33) (before it gets black metal-ish)

Guitars are cool... (a tad too much air for my taste though).

Thanks...

You mean bands like Entombed, At the gates and so on got their specific guitar sound with this pedal ?

Reminds me of some badass recent bands that have this kind of "early Swedish death metal" vibe, especially in the guitars : Insision and Corpus Mortale

Thanks guys for the input so far...

Some of the details -

Re-amp signal>HM-2>Rectifier>sm57

Guitar L is 2 tracks thru a Mesa Mark4

Guitar R is 2 tracks thru a Randall V2

Drums are all real except kicks

HM-2 tracks 1L + 1R are blended in about 80% or so with OG guitars (I might go higher with the blend)

Thanks again for the input. As I stated this isn't the final mix of the song, there are numerous things bugging me about it. Im trying to keep it as old school as possible but still trying to incorporate the clarity and controlled sound of today.:kickass:

Maybe the snare raised a little and a high shelf or more comp on the toms to bring them out a bit more? Otherwise, it's pretty damn perfect!

Lead guitar could come up on that little arpeggio bit, unless it's supposed to be buried like that.

Can't wait to hear vocals on this! Is this the Abysmal Dawn?

Nice work, sir. I think this tune is a winner. Good job all the way around. Nothing to criticize here.
I just heard these guys for the first time today (by accident) on YouTube .... FPE TV (I think it is called).
They are really good.